Crysis coming for PS3 while 360 falls short (1 Viewer)

wasn't this game a huge disapointment? I remember several reviews and people here saying it was a huge let down.

It's amazing, all I read was how this thing was a great as sliced bread, now that its coming to Ps3 it's been revised to not be very good? Why exactly was it good then, but not good now?

Oh.....and my bud plays Crysis...(my computer isn't set up to game) and it's nothing short of spectacular. If this rumor is true, I'll buy it the day of it's release.

Right now? I'm just waiting for MGS. Nothing else in the PS3 lineup really interests me right now.

Seems pretty thin.

From the sony fanboy's quotes beneath that very article:

Though I am a ps3 fan, I can't see why this game can't be ported to the xbox 360. I mean the 360 gpu rivals and in my opinion is just as good as the RSX, while the 360 cpu still rivals anything available for the pc. The only problem I can see i fitting Crysis onto a single DVD, but I'm sure MS would figure out something

Just A rumor. I'll wait till I hear a definite yes before I jump for joy.

Guys, I have the feeling that Crysis will come to PS3 and it will probably lead on PS3 for several reasons, but if you guys think that EA is going to ignore the 360 then you have another thing coming, and this is coming from a huge Sony fanboy. Crysis will probably be hitting both consoles some time next year or 2009.

Crytek explained that “next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 do not offer the sufficient power” to assure the quality of gameplay Crytek demands for Crysis. Crytek reiterated at GC 06 that currently, "Crysis in only in development for Windows, and that we haven’t lost hope that we’ll eventually see an Xbox 360 version of this first-person shooter."

Keep your blinders on... you'll just end up wrecking! This site likes to report lies, re-read the caption and look for the PS3 logo on Crytek's site. Did you see it?? I didn't either! Keep on dreaming!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Oh yeah, there was this guy too:

its not gonna be on the 360?.........(sings) ohhhhhhhh ITS CELEBRATION TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME :)

Antipop, is that you? :)

Those guys are more reputable.

They list the source as Playstation World UK. That's not the most unbiased source, but if kotaku is mentioning it, it's a least a valid rumor.

It must also be rumored for the 360 elsewhere though, because of this quote:

"PlayStation World now says that they're hearing the PS3 version of the very pretty shooter will come packed with extras, dubbing it Crysis 1.5. But what about that rumored Xbox 360 version, listed by certain retailers? The mag puts a damper on that possibility, claiming "technical reasons." Oh really? We're staying out of that one."

It must also be rumored for the 360 elsewhere though, because of this quote:

It was originally rumored to come out on the 360 over a year ago. The Crysis team squashed this rumor and stated that the 360 wasn't powerful enough to run Crysis. When the Crysis team decided to hire for a possible console version of the game, only PS3 programmers were sought out. Furthermore, the following video was done as an advertisement for their Crytek engine, and was presented on a PS3, further fueling speculation that Crysis was headed to the PS3.

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=845451&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/771/771612/crytekengine2_teaser_030707_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360' ></embed>

It was originally rumored to come out on the 360 over a year ago. The Crysis team squashed this rumor and stated that the 360 wasn't powerful enough to run Crysis. When the Crysis team decided to hire for a possible console version of the game, only PS3 programmers were sought out. Furthermore, the following video was done as an advertisement for their Crytek engine, and was presented on a PS3, further fueling speculation that Crysis was headed to the PS3.

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=845451&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/771/771612/crytekengine2_teaser_030707_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360' ></embed>

Holy crap! That game looks allsome. I'd get it the day it came out if this is true.

I heard its pretty but other wise not more than an average oepn ended shooter, with lots of glitches and physics problems (on the pc anyway). Ill wait for Far cry 2

LOL You can port a game to any console. Have you guys seen the Assassin's Creed DS game? Yikes. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom