Cubs destroy coach's car... (1 Viewer)

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
...then give him a new SUV.

ESPN - Cubs destroy coach's car, then give him brand new SUV - MLB

"Chicago Cubs strength coach Tim Buss felt weak in the knees on Tuesday when players told him to take a look at his car.

According to multiple media reports out of Chicago, his 1995 Nissan Sentra was almost unrecognizable after someone or something destroyed it. The windows were smashed, the doors tied closed, the trunk peeled up and the roof punctured.

When he saw a couple of baseball bats and balls placed around the car …
"I figured [Jon] Lieber, [Kerry] Wood immediately, [Ryan] Dempster …" he said, according to The Chicago Tribune. "Then I realized it was every pitcher we have."

They may be losers on the field but dem cubs are good guys off the field :9:

I hope none of the pitchers threw balls at the car.. they'll end up on the DL list.

Who am I kidding.. they'll be there anyway so why not have some fun.

I hope none of the pitchers threw balls at the car.. they'll end up on the DL list.

Who am I kidding.. they'll be there anyway so why not have some fun.

It's starting already. Not the DL though...............................yet.

Wood scratched with bad back, then Marmol struggles

MESA, Ariz. (AP) -- Kerry Wood's back is bothering him, and the Chicago Cubs still have an opening at closer.

One of Wood's main competitors for the job, Carlos Marmol, was part of a bullpen collapse in the Cubs' split squad loss to an Oakland Athletics' split squad, 5-2 on Wednesday.

Wood was supposed to pitch, but was sidelined for the first of scheduled back-to-back, one-inning appearances because of lower back spasms.

ESPN - Athletics vs. Cubs - Recap - March 19, 2008

Kerry Wood needs to retire and be a coach. Has anyone ever been injured more than him? Seriously?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom