Curious about the opponent (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Yes I know, lol a Falcon making a thread on Saint's Forum, but seriously. ...

If you guys happen to represent the NFC south in the Superbowl. ..who would you honestly prefer to face?
I understand probably most answers that it doesn't matter and Rightly so.
Before our trip to Texas, it honestly didn't mean much to me. But as a child in the 70s, I always wanted our Team to face the Steelers. That was my dream matchup until our epic collapse. Would love a shot at them again, but we're tripping under our own shoestrings right now lol

Who do yall have in mind? Who would you like to see if your Team makes it? Just Curious conversation. thanks!

I have no preference. You never know who the "right" opponent is for you until the clock strikes zero and you're still winning.

Personally, I think Baltimore is playing the best football in the NFL at the moment. But that can change over the span of the next 1.5-2 months.

Definitely the Patriots. Not only because it'll be awesome to have a "Brees vs Brady" Superbowl, but because I think the Saints can beat them. Baltimore, however, looks extremely hot right now. Wouldn't want to play them - but I just want the Saints to make the Superbowl and wouldn't complain no matter who it was.

Saw that old red helmet avatar and thought it was suddenly 1979 or something ;)

Agreeing with the Who Dat faithful in wanting to take down the Cheatriots (in recent days, they've re-earned that name). They might not make it through the playoffs this time, though. In one sense, I wouldn't mind seeing the Ravens come out of the AFC, but the thought of Ingram and Snead possibly getting rings while the Saints don't isn't a comforting thought.

The Patriots. Not because I hate them or anything.

It's because Drew already beat Kurt Warner, Brett Favre and Peyton Manning in the post season. Adding Brady to that belt would be fitting.

Looking at the current AFC standings, I'd say N.E. (but like most others here, I don't think they'll make it), and then maybe K.C. or Pittsburgh. I'd hate to have to stab Buffalo in the heart for a fifth Super Bowl loss, ditto if the Texans were to make their first Big Dance.

I do NOT want to play the Ravens. It was hard enough to beat them last year when Joe "Sucks Out Loud" Flacco QB'd most of the game. They look like the best team in football right now.

Pats is the obvious answer, but, I think KC would be a fun opponent. Ravens would be scary, but I think it wouldn't be that bad. The Saints should be able to move the ball on just about anyone if Drew is on and we have Cook healthy. I'm actually not terribly worried about the loss last week. I think we can win the last 3 and get one of the 2 byes if the teams ahead of us stumble. We'll see.

Pats is the obvious answer, but, I think KC would be a fun opponent. Ravens would be scary, but I think it wouldn't be that bad. The Saints should be able to move the ball on just about anyone if Drew is on and we have Cook healthy. I'm actually not terribly worried about the loss last week. I think we can win the last 3 and get one of the 2 byes if the teams ahead of us stumble. We'll see.

I'd love to see what Drew and Sean could do against a Spags D in a Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom