Saints Curious as to why we never try a fake punt (1 Viewer)

They kept their starting defense on the field today for most of our punts on 4th and 1... That's why we didn't run any fake punts. I understand everyone hates the coaching staff, but they're not idiots or "gutless".
Yes they are

Its not just fake punts, we run no trick plays. I'm not saying we need to run them every week, but what do they have to lose? All the speed we have no reverse? Just seams like it's more lack of imagination by Perte then anything
A think a large part of all of this is that we’ve had zero weeks of practice with the same offense
Probably a big chunk of practice is just learning everyone’s name

We like to leave that to the Rams...in crucial situations...when everyone sees it coming except the coaches...

Taysom always lines up as the up back in punt formations. We had 4th&1 early in the game and I can’t help but think a direct snap to Taysom who takes it to the edge can’t get one yard. Is Allen that much of a wuss? We needed some type of spark in this game and we had a few 4th&very short. The offense was not playing well at all and a momentum spark like that would have been huge!
I "thought" for sure we'd fake that particular punt and again on the 4th and 4 as well! The first was seemingly obvious; the second? We needed some sort of "spark" which those plays will give you. There's now point in even trying to figure out if we have a TEAM of elite players or dudes just not taking care of business as they are paid to do?

The roster "looks" so good ( and there are a precious few who are playing well) but not being aggressive receivers who go after the ball, secure the ball and snatch the ball out of the air? Those are signs of not knowing what WINS!

I am , like so many, so disappointed in the execution of plays. Olave makes his catch yet extends one arm to break his fall? Teach these guys to cradle the ball with both arms and roll to the ground , chin tucked so you don't need to break your all! Simple & basic stuff! Been saying that for years. Not being able to snag balls which hit you in the face guard? That's a mentality issue. When that ball is in the air? The Receiver has the advantage and must concentrate through the catch. So simple.# 32 took a bad angle to defend that end zone pass too. He runs to the depth and it's an incomplete if not an interception! Has Marcus Maye made a play in depth this whole year? His highlight reel looked as if he was some kind of vacuum machine for Ints! Oh how the Mighty have fallen.......Me? I'd be putting the ball in Jarvis's direction far more since he's the ONLY one I've seen who has the skills. But I've never coached and entire NFL game so ...........we can only watch in horror! Much like with our Govt. where things are done without our votes! Same situation which does NOT feel good at all!

This was absolutely a game where the Saints needed to steal a possession or two. Up against a good offense on the road. Reminds when when Coach Payton said that about his gameplan for the Superbowl. He knew he was up against the Manning offense and needed to "steal a possession" which of course resulted in Ambush. But yes, season on the line, up against a superior offense, we needed to steal a few possessions by either fakery or just straight up going for it on 4th. We did neither. And lost.

I think we would see more if not for our division being so close. Say if Tampa was 9-3, I think they don't wanna lose the game. The problem for us fans, is this will continue because the rest of the division is as bad as we are.

I think we would see more if not for our division being so close. Say if Tampa was 9-3, I think they don't wanna lose the game. The problem for us fans, is this will continue because the rest of the division is as bad as we are.
IMO that’s all the more reason to do something creating and gutsy. The division sucks and we were only one game behind. The way our offense was struggling and turning the ball over they needed some kind of momentum spark. Down on the goal line, down by 13 and we throw 4 straight times 🤷🏻‍♂️. That was a prefect time to put Taysom back at QB and run the QB power or better the step up and lob one in the endzone to the TE.

I'm not asking for much. On one of Hill's qb plays run a damn bootleg. You mean to tell me a naked boot with him from the 5 yard wouldn't result in a td?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom