Curious: How likely is an NFL lockout next year? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Think we'll see the entire season canceled? :covri:

Anyone here have any opinions/good guesses/theories on the subject?

IMO-

Lockout that pushes back camp- 75%

Lockout that threatens preseason or necessitates Scabs to play it- 50%

Lockout that threatens the first quarter of the season or necessitates Scabs- 25%

Lockout that threatens anything past the first quarter of the season- Zero chance

They have been meeting more lately so I take that as a good sign that they will work something out in time

I have no doubt there will be a lockout. The NFL owners are like wall street. Lots of money is never enough money.

IMO-

Lockout that pushes back camp- 75%

Lockout that threatens preseason or necessitates Scabs to play it- 50%

Lockout that threatens the first quarter of the season or necessitates Scabs- 25%

Lockout that threatens anything past the first quarter of the season- Zero chance

If the owners have a lockout there will NOT be any scabs either. Its a lockout meaning a season of emptiness.

I believe a lockout also is going to happen. Owners and NFLPA are not even close. They may seem like it today but until there is Tentative agreements between the 2 there is no progress.

I think this will be a last minute thing. Both sides are stonewalling right now and they'll come to an agreement in the final hour.

At least that is what I hope happens.

The owners want a 18 game season and the players union want 2 bye weks and either less OTA's or no OTA's and a bigger roster, I would love to see more football, but I know its only a matter of time before the injury bug strikes us hard again, and with 18 game season it'll be almost impossible to not have major injuries.

My best guess is that they come to terms in time for training camp. There is way too much money envolved for both sides. Maybe they decide on some short term remedy so as not to lose the season.

Too much success and fortune on both sides of the fence. Ain't gonna happen.

I have no doubt there will be a lockout. The NFL owners are like wall street. Lots of money is never enough money.

A Falcons fan that hasn't talked **** in either of his 2 first posts. I'm impressed, hopefully you'll follow the path of USAF HART rather than some of the scumbags we get here.

I don't think there will be a lockout due to the amount of money made when games are played. However, the owners get paid regardless of whether a game is played. it's highly possible a lockout occurs. Fox, CBS, NBC, NFL network, and ESPN are under contract with the NFL for numerous years.

I'm not as optimistic. I think greater than 50% chance no season at all.

There are times I love to be proven wrong, and this is one of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom