Curly Neal from the Globetrotters is dead (1 Viewer)

enjoyed the heck out of them when it was curly & meadowlark et al
even when they were on Scooby Doo

side note on Washington Generals - when i was in grad school at UNCG there was a guy we played noon ball with - he had been the 'ball boy' for the generals (he was kind of a dumpy white guy) - he never really talked about what he would do during games, but this guy could hit a shot from most anywhere on the court - it was bizarre to see up close

Another childhood hero gone. I spent a lot of time imagining I was him, making every shot from everywhere on the court. My shots seldom did, but imagining I was Curly Neal made me imagine they did!

I never even tried to pretend I could dribble like him. :hihi:

aww :( i saw the globetrotters in the early 90s (melbourne, aus), but i think he'd already retired. so, so, soooooo much fun

Saw then when I was a kid, curly , meadowlark, Marques Hayes (the dribbler) and geese

I remember meadowlark going to clock operator and blowing the substitution horn

when I was mid 30s I worked for nba team setting g up court side scoreboard controller , nba stats network etc

I setup for HG game and someone said who is running the clock?
Someone pointed at me and says he knows how to do it

I could start and stop etc but had no idea when to start stop

HG rep said the coach will tell you , it isn’t a game clock it just needs to be at 00 when event is over

I sit down look over at coach and realized it was Geese the former player

thrn during the game the “clown” character, think meadowlark, came up to me and started blowing the substitution horn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom