Current 2008 Cap Numbers (1 Viewer)

When you look at that cap number, you need to look a the long list of players that are free agents on the Saints roster this year. Those are a lot of holes to fill.

How the hell is the (arguably) most talented team in the NFL so far under the cap? Chargers at 43mm under. Unreal.

Nate Clements is not making as much money as it seems. That contact is highly deceptive; it's heavily backloaded with money he'll never see. In fact, his final year, worth over $15 million, has already been voided. The big hit is this year, when he gets a $10 million roster bonus.

In any event, the 49ers cap figure completely debunks that popular misconception that "breaking the bank" for a single player sends a team's salary cap situation into disarray.

Cowboys with approx. $10 million of room. Not a lot of cap space with 2 first round picks

When I look at the SD Chargers and the talent that they have, I have to say hats off to AJ for great talent and cap management. 43 Mil under the cap. Wow.

Mickey Mouse will leave about $10-$11 million in the bank..... you can bank on that!

How the hell is the (arguably) most talented team in the NFL so far under the cap? Chargers at 43mm under. Unreal.

The draft. They don't blow all there money on overpaid FA's.

But its not sure fire. The Colts 22 starters were all drafted by them. But they've paid huge contracts to alot of them and now they are way over the cap. Its gonna be interesting to see who they cut.

The draft. They don't blow all there money on overpaid FA's.

But its not sure fire. The Colts 22 starters were all drafted by them. But they've paid huge contracts to alot of them and now they are way over the cap. Its gonna be interesting to see who they cut.

I saw a article on the colts that said they could be letting Marvin Harrison go.

Maybe Rita now controls the $$$, and from my experience women like to spend......

I heard somewhere that guaranteed money has a different effect on the cap...also, how do bonuses and whatnot affect the cap?

I'm still quite confused by how the cap works (in practice, the theory is pretty simple)

How many players are under contract, though? That affects the cap considerably. If you have only 41 players signed, then that's all the players who would count against the cap. You gotta have 53 players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom