Current movie previews...... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So my lovely wife and I had some time sans kids last night and went to the movie, which we hadn’t done in a while.
We had no movie set, just picked one once we got there.
We settled on a scary movie called The Invisible Man.
The movie was fine, some jump scare moments, ridiculous plot of a girl being followed by her “invisible” boyfriend.
But here’s what stuck with me......

(not to get too political, but my goodness you couldn’t help but wonder....??????)

We saw 5 previews.
Quiet Place 2- So much killing and death in the preview.
Bloodshot- Lots of killing
The Hunt- Lots of killing
No Time To Die- Lots of killing
Spiral- Lots of killing

It seriously became ridiculous. Not one preview about a story that didn’t involve explosions, guns, “special”effects which stopped being impressive about 15 years ago.

Oh, and the Invisible Man, lots of murders.

Ok, my soapbox moment.....doesn’t Hollywood, on a whole, denounce mass murders, school shootings, NRA, right to own, etc...all while becoming filthy rich
making movie after movie on those exact topics?

And they aren’t even trying to hide it.

As a huge fan of actually good movies.....this was just a sad state of formulaic action stories being thrown out there.

And I know the previews are synced to the film you are seeing, but my goodness it was insulting to my intelligence watching these previews.

It’s back to the Indie theater for me.

it was normal for me to go to the movies once a week (yeah brah, single life partying), but i haven't been for a while. there are no movies with actual scripts out or coming out.

So my lovely wife and I had some time sans kids last night and went to the movie, which we hadn’t done in a while.
We had no movie set, just picked one once we got there.
We settled on a scary movie called The Invisible Man.
The movie was fine, some jump scare moments, ridiculous plot of a girl being followed by her “invisible” boyfriend.
But here’s what stuck with me......

(not to get too political, but my goodness you couldn’t help but wonder....??????)

We saw 5 previews.
Quiet Place 2- So much killing and death in the preview.
Bloodshot- Lots of killing
The Hunt- Lots of killing
No Time To Die- Lots of killing
Spiral- Lots of killing

It seriously became ridiculous. Not one preview about a story that didn’t involve explosions, guns, “special”effects which stopped being impressive about 15 years ago.

Oh, and the Invisible Man, lots of murders.

Ok, my soapbox moment.....doesn’t Hollywood, on a whole, denounce mass murders, school shootings, NRA, right to own, etc...all while becoming filthy rich
making movie after movie on those exact topics?

And they aren’t even trying to hide it.

As a huge fan of actually good movies.....this was just a sad state of formulaic action stories being thrown out there.

And I know the previews are synced to the film you are seeing, but my goodness it was insulting to my intelligence watching these previews.

It’s back to the Indie theater for me.

Remember...we are told that violence on tv, in music, in movies, and in video game has no effect on the human psyche

HAHAHA.....I know that’s exactly what I feel like.....and I think the same thing when my kids try to tell me how much better today’s music is than back in the day ?

.....and I think the same thing when my kids try to tell me how much better today’s music is than back in the day ?

They are wrong.

edit: Wow, sorry. That came out very abrupt. Let me try again.

"Sorry, but their opinion is not supported by fact."

I have this conversation sometimes with my 17yo daughter. She listens to more "oldies" music than current music. Hurts to hear her call it oldies, but I guess it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom