Current NFL QB's (1 Viewer)

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Kinda bored in here midweek I'll try to get a general football post running. Looking around the NFL this year I can't remember a timeframe where there were so many good young QB's playing. Usually there may be about 6 premiere QB and a bunch of also runs but right now there are only about 4-5 teams without a solid starter going into next year.

That brings up a few question ...

1. if they were released where would Vick and Plummer land next year?

2. Which teams do you think will have new QB's next year that are not on there roster this year? Miami, Minn, Chicago, Tampa, Detroit, Cleveland, Green Bay are stretches but the only teams I could see thinking (at best) of the QB spot.

Vick will end up in Oakland. It's the land of the Misfit NFL players.

Plummer will be a backup somewhere. His days are numbered in Denver.

Go Saints!!!

I can also Vick ending up in Oakland.

The Bucs have just offered Chris Simms an extension. If he signs it he'll be the Bucs QB as long as Gruden's there.

Jake Plummer will end up in Cleveland.

Drew Bledsoe will retire.

Daunte Culpepper will be the Phins starting QB for the first half of the season. Joey Harrington finishes the second half.

I really don't think Vick would land a job, not even in Oakland. Plummer I could see going to the Bucs. There are several young QB's that are riding the pine right now that could be starting next year. Travaris Jackson for the Vikins, Matt Shaub and Seneca Wallace come to mind. The QB situation in Kansas City could get hot if Trent Green has to throw the ball to win a game and doesn't come through. I think either Trent Green or Damon Huard will compete for a starting job elsewhere next year. Kurt Warner is done as a starter but I think if he got a chance under the right situation he could still light it up.

I can also Vick ending up in Oakland.

The Bucs have just offered Chris Simms an extension. If he signs it he'll be the Bucs QB as long as Gruden's there.

Jake Plummer will end up in Cleveland.

Drew Bledsoe will retire.

Daunte Culpepper will be the Phins starting QB for the first half of the season. Joey Harrington finishes the second half.

Not so sure that Culpepper will be back. Harrington should be back, but as a backup only. Miami needs a starter badly. Damon Huard available?

I did not hear Sims got his extension offer ... are they trying to look good or is it a good offer?

I can see Plummer in Cleveland or even Green Bay to battle Rogers.

I envision alot of teams will be scared of Vick so that pretty much leaves Oak as his option.

I know the premise is speculation, but with the contract Vick signed, is it even feasible to think he won't be back in Atlanta next season?

Attlanta cannot cut Vick. The cap hit would be something like $15 million dollars because of the large signing bonus that is pro-rated over 10 years.

I know the premise is speculation, but with the contract Vick signed, is it feasible for him to be anywhere other than Atlanta next season?

Doubtful.....it's a huge contract ($120 mil+ IIRC). But whether he could be traded would depend entirely on his SB and yearly salary. I could see Oakland offering the moon for Vick but Blank apparently loves Vick so I doubt he'll be traded. The speculation I've heard listening to sportsradio is Blank wants a new HC to develop an Offense built around Vick's abilities. But if Vick were to leave Atlanta, Oakland would be his next stop.....

I know the premise is speculation, but with the contract Vick signed, is it even feasible to think he won't be back in Atlanta next season?

True. If Blank doesn't find a solution they are SCREWED for several years because they will not win with VICK. I don't think their problem is coaching.

I think Cleveland should give Frye another chance and wouldn't waste my time on a 32-year-old Jake Plummer.

Teams in need of a QB next season include:

Houston- Carr is terrible.
Jacksonville - If Garrard stinks down the stretch.
Buffalo- If Losman can't keep up his recent "hot" streak.
Oakland - Unless Brooks... uh nevermind.
Tampa - The wildcard. Who knows what Gruden will do. He signs eight QBs every offseason.
Minnesota- Brad Johnson. There's a name to get the fanbase pumped up.
Green Bay- I'm thinking Favre comes back, but who knows.

If Vick were to be traded I would say the most likely destinations are Minnesota, Oakland or Jacksonville.

Jacksonville is having a hard time selling tickets and Vick might very well solve that. They have an extremely conservative coach, so I could see Vick going there and running a simple offense (translation: something that doesn't require Vick to read a defense.)

Oakland is just too obvious, so my prediction is he stays with Atlanta and Mora gets axed.

I'm certainly not one to defend R. Mexico or anything, but he's really not the problem with ATL right now. The problem is they only have one Crumpler and a can of moldy crap for an Offensive Coordinator. Well, that's selling the rest of their failures a little short, I'm sure, but Vick could win games with a little help.

It's crazy, but when was the last time we had a division rival that would kill to have our 3rd and 4th string receivers? The Saints. Being stuck in the same division as world-class, championship generating offenses for decades and now WE have one. I'm still getting used to it.

True. If Blank doesn't find a solution they are SCREWED for several years because they will not win with VICK. I don't think their problem is coaching.

I don't either......in fact I think Falcons receiver struggle because of Vick. They never know where he'll throwing from, whether they should break off running their routes to block, and if he does throw it's a missile with no touch. Peerless Price, Roddy White, Michael Jenkins all flops. They all can't be bad but they all have one thing in common...Michael Vick.

But for the Saints it's great....Vick (much like his cousin AB) should be good for a couple of losses a year until Blank finally realizes it's time the Falcons and Vick to part ways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom