Current playoff standings (3 Viewers)

This is a dang travesty. One thing is not like the others. Will the NFL ever correct things like this? A sub 500 record definitely should not guarantee a home game in the playoffs.

Nope, which is why we had to go to Seattle only to lose. Lynch went beast mode on us and it wasn't the first time we had a better record to not have a home game. Just the way it is...

BUT! If Brady or Rodgers gets this treatment, surely, the rules will change!

This is a dang travesty. One thing is not like the others. Will the NFL ever correct things like this? A sub 500 record definitely should not guarantee a home game in the playoffs.

Philly has Seattle, GB, Saints, and Cards for the next 4 games. I don’t see them winning any of those.

The Washington Football Team is going to win that division with with a 6-9 record with a week 17 defeat of Philly.

I disagree. I like that it makes the divisions mean something. If you take away the guaranteed home game for a division winner you might as well eliminate the divisions and just go with a two conference setup.

I also like that it makes the scope of a season a little more compact. Worry about winning the division and let whatever else happens happen.

Us losing to one doesn’t help your argument

Fine with the automatic bid and even fine with seeding the way it is for division winners. Just think that the team with the better record in playoff matchups should host. Same record = HFA to the division winner in a WC matchup.

NFC East teams records are not below .500 every year. Eagles usually win 9-13 games each season and just won the SB few years ago. League wouldn’t change the division winner’s homefield advantage reward just because a division winner occasionally finishes under .500. They may win a wildcard matchup, come playoff time, by playing at home. That’s the incentive of winning the division and playing hard towards the end.

If the Saints won the division at 8-8 or 7-9, everyone would be upset if we didn’t have the wildcard game in the dome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom