Current roster and players trying to make team (1 Viewer)

My favorite player out of all the UDFA is Brian Dixon CB Northwestern Missouri St. Has the size and speed to be a good player at the next level. 6' 200lbs and runs a 4.40 in the 40... Here is a video that I have watched on him a few times... Brian Dixon's Highlights

Early projection of the 2014 Saints roster

QB - Brees, McCown, Griffin
RB - Thomas, Ingram, Robinson, Cadet
FB - Lorig
WR - Colston, Stills, Cooks, Meachem, Morgan, Toon
TE - Graham, Watson, Hill
C - Goodwin, Lelito
G - Evans, Grubbs
OT - Armstead, Strief, Harris, Rooks

DE - Jordan, Hicks, Walker, Foster
DT - Jenkins, Bunkley
OLB - Galette, Butler, Harylson, Powell
ILB - Lofton, Hawthorne, Humber, Reddick, Fortt
CB - Lewis, Bailey, White, Sweeting, Jean Baptiste
S - Byrd, Vacarro, Bush, Sunseri, Ball

K - Graham
P - Morstead
LS - Drescher

The Saints bring back Goodwin, Lelito gets another year of grooming as backup C/G. Patrick Robinson cut. UDFA's to the practice squad.

Robinson is a LOCK. Chalk it up now.
The Saints brought in Champ Bailey for a reason and clearly have plans for him to be part of the team. Lewis is a lock. Jean Baptiste is a lock (just cannot imagine him being cut in favor of Robinson). Corey White is actually developing and looking like he could be a good corner. Sweeting has shown more promise in 1 year than Robinson did in 4 years.

Patrick Robinson is the odd man out of the group. He was drafted under Gregg Wiliams and never played up to his status as a first round pick. It's the last year of his contract, the Saints would save money by cutting him.

i dont think robinson is a lock. i think he's a good player who was showing upside right before his injury. but 1.4 million could help us seal up goodwin or any FAs we might need. we've already got 13 million in dead money might as well just but it on blast and clean house this year. guess that all depends on how comfortable RR is without him. we faired well last season.

I'm sorry bro, I feel like I came off as a butt in my comment, and I wasn't trying to.

Not at all - no worries. I appreciated your input so I could improve the chart.

My favorite player out of all the UDFA is Brian Dixon CB Northwestern Missouri St. Has the size and speed to be a good player at the next level. 6' 200lbs and runs a 4.40 in the 40... Here is a video that I have watched on him a few times... Brian Dixon's Highlights

I like him too; however, it takes a lot more than height, weight, speed and athleticism to be a good corner. Usama Young checked in at 5'11+" 196lbs, ran a 4.39 with a 1.46 ten yard split, vertical jumped 43" and had a 6.65 3-cone drill. Crazy numbers. Obviously, it didn't help him.

Having said that, I understand where you're coming from. Dixon has the physical tools to play the position at the NFL level. Also, I like his film that you linked. He looks too good to be playing in that league or division.

I'm excited to see how he develops.

Wow! I'm really surprised a few people think PRob should be the number 2 CB let alone on the roster. Maybe I'm still bitter about 2012 but I just don't see him even remotely competitive to SJB and Champ Bailey. Maybe Corey white but I don't see him as the number 2 either. With all the WR size in the division I think Champ is the number 2 for a few games then SJB takes over. If SJB develops properly he would form quite the tandem with Keenan and not to mention a great saferty corps behind them.

Dixon looks like a good cover corner. I did notice, however, that he doesn't play press at LOS (maybe it's the defensive system his team played). Don't know if he can be a press corner for RR.

Wow! I'm really surprised a few people think PRob should be the number 2 CB let alone on the roster. Maybe I'm still bitter about 2012 but I just don't see him even remotely competitive to SJB and Champ Bailey. Maybe Corey white but I don't see him as the number 2 either. With all the WR size in the division I think Champ is the number 2 for a few games then SJB takes over. If SJB develops properly he would form quite the tandem with Keenan and not to mention a great saferty corps behind them.

Baptiste is viewed as a very raw product. He has played CB (a very nuanced position) for 2 years. He will not sniff the #2 spot without multiple injuries.

Bailey, IMHO, wasn't brought in to be the #2. I believe his value lies in being a mentor, matching up against some of the larger WR's when teams have 2 monsters, but mainly, I see him as an insurance policy in case Lewis goes down. If anything, his snaps will be monitored so that he is fresh in the playoffs when the Saints will need him most.

Robinson is talented and has yet to get the opportunity to play significant minutes in RR's system. He was the starting #2 last year before injury. He played quite well in a similar system for 2 years under GW.

Robinson will be given every opportunity to win the #2 spot this year.

Baptiste is viewed as a very raw product. He has played CB (a very nuanced position) for 2 years. He will not sniff the #2 spot without multiple injuries.

Bailey, IMHO, wasn't brought in to be the #2. I believe his value lies in being a mentor, matching up against some of the larger WR's when teams have 2 monsters, but mainly, I see him as an insurance policy in case Lewis goes down. If anything, his snaps will be monitored so that he is fresh in the playoffs when the Saints will need him most.

Robinson is talented and has yet to get the opportunity to play significant minutes in RR's system. He was the starting #2 last year before injury. He played quite well in a similar system for 2 years under GW.

Robinson will be given every opportunity to win the #2 spot this year.
The number 2 spot is wide open, anyone has the opportunity to win it. I just don't think Robinson is better than the other corners on our roster, so I don't foresee him winning it.

If he is rated even with another player, I think tie goes to the other player. Robinson is in the last year of his deal, it's hard to imagine the Saints like him enough to resign him. We let Jenkins go, he was a higher 1st round draft pick and a team captain who played much better than Robinson.

The main reason people hold out hope for Patrick Robinson is because he was a 1st round draft pick. But he was the last pick of the 1st round and it was a reach, we selected based on need. Now that we have a solid unit of defensive backs, the Saints can let go of under-performing Robinson and save money by doing it.

Dixon has the physical tools to play the CB position at the NFL level. Also, I like his film that you linked. He looks too good to be playing in that league or division.

I'm excited to see how he develops.

Me too, dude is a real ballhawk. On the college game films I've seen of him, he consistently sticks to his man and always seems to be making a headsup play when he is tested. He is a very good prospect IMO. Plus, they gave him jersey #44, my favorite number, so I'm gonna be pulling for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom