Current Saints Roster (62 players) (1 Viewer)

Hitting on the draft and staying healthy will be key to the overall success of this team. Incredibly thin at some positions.

I agree! We are set up so well for the draft! Wow! I agree that Mickey Loomis and DA are killing it this off season. Draft needs have changed so quickly in the last few days. I would love to see us move Tevor Penning to guard and draft the best available.

The Illinois twins would be a great fit. Great RAS and great character guys!
No! At least, not yet.

I think it was CSP who said you don't move a CB to S, until he proves he's not a viable CB. Similarly, you don't move an OT to OG until he proves he isn't a viable OT. But with that being said, if the BPA available is an OT, I'm fine with the Saints taking him. Ram has been injured, and came into the league with injury concerns. It looked like he had beaten the injury bug, but with him being injured last season, I have concerns again. Penning was just bad luck...dude was never injured in college, and then injured 2x in his rookie season. Too soon to say whether he's injury prone; but now I'm questioning whether his durability in college was the result of lesser competition, and his injuries now are the result of playing with bigger, faster, stronger guys. Until he proves otherwise, I'ma go with "bad luck.

QB Derek Carr
QB Jake Luton
QB Jameis Winston

WC Taysom Hill

RB Alvin Kamara
RB Jamaal Williams
RB Eno Benjamin
RB Derrick Gore

FB Adam Prentice

WR Chris Olave
WR/RS Rashid Shaheed
WR Michael Thomas
WR Kirk Merritt
WR Tre'Quan Smith
WR Keith Kirkwood
WR Kawaan Baker

TE Juwan Johnson
TE Adam Trautman
TE Lucas Krull
TE Miller Forristall

RT Ryan Ramczyk
RG Cesar Ruiz
C Erik McCoy
LG Andrus Peat
LT James Hurst
LT Trevor Penning
G Calvin Throckmorton
RT Storm Norton
T Landon Young
T/G Lewis Kidd
G Yasir Durant
G Koda Martin

DE Cameron Jordan
DT Nathan Shepherd
DT Khalen Saunders
DE Carl Granderson
DE Payton Turner
DE Tanoh Kpassagnon
DE Jabari Zuniga
DT Prince Emili

LB Demario Davis
LB Pete Werner
LB Zack Baun
LB D'Marco Jackson
LB Ty Summers
LB Ryan Connelly
LB Nephi Sewell

S Tyrann Mathieu
S Marcus Maye
SS J.T. Gray
S Ugo Amadi
S Smoke Monday

CB Marshon Lattimore
CB Alontae Taylor
CB Bradley Roby
CB Paulson Adebo
CB Troy Pride
CB Vincent Gray

LS Zach Wood
P Blake Gillikin
K Wil Lutz
K Alex Quevedo
According to spotrac.com, Dwayne Washington is under contract for 2023 at $1,080,000.

Not bad for pre-draft roster. We should add six or seven in the draft. Should add 10 UFAs. I guess that means the FO has a lot of work to do to get us to 90.
I like our TEs with Juwan, Taysom, and Trautman
I don’t see Taysom as a TE. He barely played that position at all. He’s a wildcat quarterback and special teamer, but they don’t put player’s real position
According to spotrac.com, Dwayne Washington is under contract for 2023 at $1,080,000.
I saw that, but I think they just got confused when someone was inputting data and counted the contract that he signed last offseason like it was signed this offseason.

I don’t like the LB room at all
Baun needs to earn his stripes at some point. Hopefully he can rotate in and replace the pass rush we had from Elliss.

Werner and Davis will be on the field on most snaps in our base package barring injury. Adding a FA with versatility to fill in for Werner or Davis in limited games/snaps isn’t the worst idea though.

I don’t like the LB room at all
You have to like our starting 2. Problem is there’s not a lot behind them. And while we play a lot of 2 LB sets you have to worry if injuries happen to Davis or Werner. Werner missed 5 games last year but was banged up a bunch. David has been an iron man but st 34 how does age start to affect that. We have some intriguing guys behind them. Baun was well thought of coming out. Probably would have ideally landed in a 3/4 outside LB roll but with what they did with Ellis last year Baun could thrive in that role given his skill set. We also have several young guys like Jackson, Sewell and Summers that have some upside. I prefer not to rely on potential though unless it’s from a rookie. Baun has had 3 seasons to establish a role and hasn’t. I’m not confident that someone emerges from these guys. I think the draft will tell us a lot on where they see the LB room. If we invest early in a LB there’s your answer. David has been one of our greatest LB’s. I only put Vilma above him bc of our 2009 season but he deserves to be mentioned right along side those 4 names that played here under Mora. However, how much longer can a mid 30 year old linebacker keep playing at an All-pro level. Guys like London Fletcher did, but they are rare. Some might even argue you saw some slight drop off in certain cases last year. That’s the problem with the NFL. One season you’re an all pro then the next time basically caught up to you overnight. We definitely need to have a succession plan going forward, and I’m not saying we don’t. One thing that Made New England so consistent for years was they always tended to move on a season or two early rather than late. They made a plan, they made a move and in the end it tended to work bc even though a player had a year or two of production left they never had to deal with the fall off. I’m not saying move on but we have to be real when it comes to what’s going to happen.

this chart shows me that we need to go hard after LB, DL, OL and S. if that is all we need after where we started FA then it is indeed true that Mickey and co. are killing it but that doesn't change the fact that demario and cam are old and eventually going to fall off the cliff

Baun needs to earn his stripes at some point. Hopefully he can rotate in and replace the pass rush we had from Elliss.

Werner and Davis will be on the field on most snaps in our base package barring injury. Adding a FA with versatility to fill in for Werner or Davis in limited games/snaps isn’t the worst idea though.
Seeing Kwon Alexander knocking ear pads out of peoples helmets last year had me kinda sad won’t lie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom