Current Salary Cap Situation (1 Viewer)

There's some serious work to do for Mickey Loomis.....

But is doable...

I thought we were 8mil under before seasons end?

Im guessing that number includes that, if it does WOW.

Time to pull the Ginsu cut and chop.

In Loomis We Trust. I guarantee he's been working on this for a while, and looking at so many different scenarios.

I read this article earlier today and I think this is the best way to go:

Ravens won

I think, considering we have the worst defense in history, we might as well forget renegotiations, and start chopping.

A big consecuence of constantly renegotiating contracts is that you make your team old, you don't have the flexibility later to cut players because it cost the same or more to keep them then to release them.

I frankly will bite the bullet and start chopping, even if we have to take the medicine of absorbing death salaries.

We may even be surprised by the play of one of our backups.

Time to value more our draft picks, and built by the draft.

20 million is the wrong figure. The most reliable I read is 14 mil.

Cap numbers are very misleading this time of year.
Take the Ravens for example, 14 million under cap space, but their QB is a FA. They will sign him or slap a franchise tag on him and bye, bye cap space.

I read this article earlier today and I think this is the best way to go:

Ravens won

I think, considering we have the worst defense in history, we might as well forget renegotiations, and start chopping.

A big consecuence of constantly renegotiating contracts is that you make your team old, you don't have the flexibility later to cut players because it cost the same or more to keep them then to release them.

I frankly will bite the bullet and start chopping, even if we have to take the medicine of absorbing death salaries.

We may even be surprised by the play of one of our backups.

Time to value more our draft picks, and built by the draft.

What you are suggesting is rebuilding

We have a Super Bowl contending team right now....the worst thing to do is rebuild

You say that we have the worst defense in nfl history with our starters...but you want to play their backups? The guys who couldn't beat out our starters that played on the worst defense in nfl history?

That logic is screwy

So we are a Smith and Vilma away from being fine then.

not that simple. we can't just dump their cap figure by cutting them, we're still on the hook for a big percentage of it.

This is why we simply can't be active in free agency.

not that simple. we can't just dump their cap figure by cutting them, we're still on the hook for a big percentage of it.

This is why we simply can't be active in free agency.

No really that's how it works? No joke, Smith isn't guaranteed anything near the 10.5 million he is getting. It's funny how every year people say things like this: "This is why we simply can't be active in free agency" yet somehow we always are. Remember last season, because of Brees' deal we wouldn't be able to sign anyone else? Then along comes Hawthorne, Lofton, and Bunkley.

What you are suggesting is rebuilding

We have a Super Bowl contending team right now....the worst thing to do is rebuild

You say that we have the worst defense in nfl history with our starters...but you want to play their backups? The guys who couldn't beat out our starters that played on the worst defense in nfl history?

That logic is screwy

No, rebuilding means start from zero for offense and defense.

We won 7 games with the worst defense in history. We can't do worst.

Our defense is not a fixer-upper, it is bad, it has to be rebuild from the foundation. So again, if you ask me about renegotiating contracts or doing cuts, I go for the second. I don't want the burden of carrying contrats of veterans that we won't be able to cut later because of the high cap figure. I want the flexibility that a healthy cap and draft picks bring to the table.

Going with veterans at defense has not brought the results, what do we have to lose by going young and cheap?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom