Curtis Deloatch Reminisces on Memorable Dunk (1 Viewer)

CP

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The NBA Slam Dunk Contest takes place Saturday night in Houston. Although tight end Jimmy Graham is the most famous New Orleans Saints dunker, former defensive back Curtis Deloatch executed the most memorable dunk in team history.

If I am remembered for just that one play for the rest of my life, you can’t be mad at that.

Curtis Deloatch Reminisces on Memorable Dunk

Pretty cool read.

Deloatch is part of SAINTS history forevermore.

One of my all time favorite images is the one from SI of Deloatch going up to dunk the ball. It's a picture of pure joy. Kind of nice that an everyman scored the first TD back in the Dome instead of some big name.

81365733-football-new-orleans-saints-curtis-deloatch-gettyimages.jpg

nice to see he is helping out Team Gleason and it is a good read. We all watch that play a million times and he kind of gets lost in it sometimes for me because at the moment Steve comes clean, the rest is inevitable. Good reminder that it was our whole special teams that started off that *** whoopin. Glad he will remain a fan.:9:

Kind of nice that an everyman scored the first TD back in the Dome instead of some big name.

Yep. In fact, most of the BEST moments in Saints history are from an "everyman." Think about it:

First TD - John Gilliam
Longest Fieldgoal - Tom Dempsey
First Playoff win - Briane Milne
First TD back in the 'Dome - Gleason/Deloatch
"Ambush" Recovery - Chris Reis

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom