Curtis Johnson leaves Bears staff {MOD EDIT: Reportedly rejoining the Saints' staff} (1 Viewer)

nosaints213

ad majorem dei gloriam
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Curtis Johnson leaving the Bears just as Saints WR coaching job opens &#65533;&#65533; <a href="https://t.co/9NOQrWsQYm">https://t.co/9NOQrWsQYm</a></p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/826219510868869120">January 31, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just as we lose our WR coach? Can't be a coincidence. Please come home :worthy:

Interesting that the Bears would release him. Wonder if he is getting an assistant head coach title (yeah I'm going to just assume he's coming home).

Interesting that the Bears would release him. Wonder if he is getting an assistant head coach title (yeah I'm going to just assume he's coming home).

He was on a one year contract. Chose not to return because he's weighing another option "in the NFL."

Hope to God it's us. He obviously has still got" it" after bringing Cameron Meredith along quite nicely.

If he is back with the team, I am interested in what he can do with our young receivers. When he left in 2012 to be the Tulane coach, our receivers did struggled a bit. During 2012-2014 we did had production there but something didn't seem right. Receivers struggled to get open and Drew was looking for Jimmy Grahams and the running backs more. Colston and Lance Moore were getting older, and Kenny Stills was a young talented player but very inexperience. Don't know if it is true, but according to some reports, there were off field issues involving him. And Brandin Cooks was a rookie.
Bought in John Morton in 2015 and did a good job with Cooks, Coleman and Snead. And we drafted Michael Thomas and he became a great player. Give credit to John Morton.

But if Curtis Johnson is brought in again, it would be interesting to see what he can do with our already talented and young receiving core. During his tenure here, Curtis Johnson made players like Lance Moore, Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson into very solid receivers who can get open at anytime. Man, if he can make the guys we have now better, this is going to be big. In my opinion, the guys we have now are more talented.

He's got to be coming back. Surely.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So%20Exciting.gif

LoL I was red thumbed because I said if he wants to leave there is a way to get out of his contract. Like someone said we could make him WRs coach and passing game coordinator which would be considered a promotion and not a lateral move. Morton did a great job but I'll take CJ over any WRs coach in football. What a great move if he comes here!

He still has a home in NOLA along with his entire family being from here. Benson donated millions to Tulanes new stadium basically because CJ was their new HC. CJ also has a great relationship with both Payton and Loomis. I don't see anyway CJ isn't back on this Saints staff very soon.

Edit: his contract was up and he decided not to renew. So he was free to go wherever. Surprised it was only a 1 year deal he signed but he would probably did this for reasons like this to keep his options open. Not like he's worried about any job security.

Did I read something about him and LSU yesterday?i may be thinking of someone else cause I would love CJ to join the saints agin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom