Curtis Lofton just said he is ALARMED at the lack of success ... (1 Viewer)

the problems begin and end on both lines. The offense cannot consistently open holes for the runners, or passblock very well. The defense allows opposing qbs so much time in the pocket that the qb could write a novel back there...this has not been effectively addressed for years, hence, a 7-9...8-8 team is what we have. This year seems to be more of the same.

They did not draft any. They even said they wanted to but the way the draft went they did not. In the end, I guess they thought Peat or whoever else we had on the roster was a better answer at G than what was available in the draft. Have you think about that ?

I mean I am not an expert as you are to state that this rookie G will be a stud and an upgrade over what we have. Let see how those rookie G (Thuney, Seumalo, Odhiambo or Ehinger) drafted after the 1st round will grade by season end.

take care

Sure I've thought about that. Assuming the negative is not a great way to go through life though. So, I'm assuming that a second round pick of the best guard available would have turned up a better player than Peat, Kelemete and Lelito. So, sure you can take the coach's word as gospel if you want, but coaches are human and make mistakes, too. Everything they do isn't right. Ever think about that?

With a position as important as guard, when they knew they had a problem there, they should have gone out and got a good free agent before the draft. They didn't. That was their call, not mine. They decided to wait for the draft. Then, what happens? They don't pick one up in the draft, I guess, if you're right in what you say, that the board just didn't fall that way. Well, they went by their board.

In the end, I'm not paid to make those decisions. Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis are, and right now, it doesn't look like they made the right decision to go by the board and not sign a guard in free agency. I hope they turn that around by Week 1.

As far as playing up to draft position with consistency yes the jury is out.

Did you see him blow coverage the other night?

He's been pretty mediocre and limited in impact for a #1. This is his 4th year. This is it.

I have to agree. He came on strong as a rookie and seemed like he was going to be a Pro Bowler. Then, his injury carried over and hampered him in Year 2. Last year, he was up and down. Maybe it was the DC. Hopefully, we'll see the first-year guy again this season. If not, if he's just average, he wasn't worth the first-round pick OR our coaches can't develop defensive talent.

It's easy to say, "We're a year away ... etc.,etc." There is nothing in that statement that is realistic. That's just the talk of someone who knows THIS season doesn't look good. In "reality" we could be 5 years away from another winning season. Nobody knows. I do know this. Based on what I've seen of the offensive line this preseason, we should have drafted a guard in the second round or made guard the highest priority of all in free agency. I challenge anyone to argue with me that there was a more important acquisition in free agency this year than guard looking at the way Drew is being pressured.

Yes, I was screaming for a pass rusher this offseason. We got him in the 1st round. Then, we spent picks on other positions, I guess BPA. But, right now those picks don't seem as important as a starting guard would have been.

I've argued after the draft that we shoulda traded our 2nd for Chandler Jones and drafted Tunsil in the 1st or traded down with the jets and received an additional 2nd to draft Whitehair and got red thumbed out the wazoo. It's funny it only took a few preseason games for everyone to change their tune.

They did not draft any. They even said they wanted to but the way the draft went they did not. In the end, I guess they thought Peat or whoever else we had on the roster was a better answer at G than what was available in the draft. Have you think about that ?

I mean I am not an expert as you are to state that this rookie G will be a stud and an upgrade over what we have. Let see how those rookie G (Thuney, Seumalo, Odhiambo or Ehinger) drafted after the 1st round will grade by season end.

take care

Don't forget Whitehair was viewed by most as the top guard prospect in the draft and still on the board when we drafted Thimas....

A fascinating 'What if' would be our cut list if Bill Belichick was the coach....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom