Curtis Lofton just said he is ALARMED at the lack of success ... (1 Viewer)

That trade is viewed around the league as the Saints fleecing Seattle. Seattle's OL is a disaster without Unger.

That's another thing. People around here are discounting all of the progress we've made on D-line today because we had a hard time getting push against an O-Line that's probably top 5 in the league. Dallas’s defense got absolutely eaten up by that disaster of an O-line allowing Russell Wilson to look like it was 2013 again.

I see the sarcasm, but the Cowboys have 3 first rounders on their line (Williams, Fredericks, and Zach Martin) and a player with first round talent (Lael Collins).

We have one first rounder that's playing out of position, and our best olineman is a 3rd rounder that's injured.

Its time to start taking the Online seriously and not think that we can find HoF olinemen in undrafted free agency.

We could have had La'el Collins for a song and a dance last year. That's one that will hurt over and over this year if the Saints line can't protect Brees.

Pouncey and Co....are no punks in Pitt either. His brother gets honorable mention for the line down in Miami also. Many lines, across the league need serious help, there are more bad than good. But this Pitt line makes a our DLine look like it's Bush League. But, the QB has to help the O Line. Cam shut things down, was pushing in, and Ben got on the move....got on his horse...found a lane to make the throw.

If your point is that Drew Brees is to blame for the pressure that he and THE OTHER TWO QUARTERBACKS have been getting this preseason, I really don't know what to tell you other than to remind you that Brees is one of the best movers in the pocket. Several times last night he moved away from pressure.

Trust me. It's not the quarterbacks. it's the line.

At some point you have to realize it's the coaching/scheme and not just lack of talent. All the Saints current OL were starters in college and have NFL experience. At some point the light may come on and they start to get Roushar scheme BUT will Brees last long enough to see it?

You may be right about the line coaching. I just don't know enough about the line coaching. I do know this. It's very late in the game this year to change a coach or change personnel.

It's not hard really. Look at our previous 2 drafts in 14-15. How many are still here? How much dead money does this team have? I am pretty sure we lead the league in that. When you let go talent and don't bring any in in 2 straight years, it catches up with you. It's caught up. If we start 0-4 the season is lost but we can hope next year is better and we are in the running for Fournette and a brand new Oline.

Yes, thanks, you're proving my point with me. This shows that they haven't been serious about the offensive line over the last few years. They just think they can keep reloading with low round draft picks and undrafted free agents or castoff from other teams. Obviously, that hasn't been working. The line has got worse over the last 5 years. Now, it's at the point where it will probably be dangerous to the quarterbacks this year.

That's my point :) whatever the OLine, if u have no QB, u have like no chance. Unless you are the Ravens back in the days suiting up a stellar D every game.

Now, if the O-line is really really bad it will be tough on the QB but looks to me that if Armstead plays it should be ok, not great but ok.

Who said we had to choose between our qb and a decent offensive line. That's not he choice the front office made. The choice they made that was a mistake was to draft a receiver and a safety in the second round instead of drafting the best guard they could get their hands on. We did not need another wide receiver. And the safety they drafted isn't starting. Even if he was, which he's not, it's not a more important position than offensive line when you have a HOF qb that your team is built around.

Lofton would have so many red thumbs for that comment. :)

LOL. He definitely would have. :)

You know who else would have been red-thumbed like crazy today are:

Sean Payton: Lack of protection is "obviously very concerning."

Zach Strief: OLine "did not play well enough."

That trade is viewed around the league as the Saints fleecing Seattle. Seattle's OL is a disaster without Unger.

I wouldn't disagree with that... I was just pointing out that we have been making moves to bolster the line.

That's another thing. People around here are discounting all of the progress we've made on D-line today because we had a hard time getting push against an O-Line that's probably top 5 in the league. Dallas’s defense got absolutely eaten up by that disaster of an O-line allowing Russell Wilson to look like it was 2013 again.

If you're saying we should have kept Jimmy Graham, you need to take a serious look at what he's done TO Seattle not FOR them.

Well, that makes two of us.

It's a broken record, but it is the truth. We should have picked up a starting guard in the second round or in free agency.

Without time, it doesn't matter how many weapons Drew has. Doesn't matter.

He's being a realist, or "negative" for seeing our team for what it is up until this point.

Who said we had to choose between our qb and a decent offensive line. That's not he choice the front office made. The choice they made that was a mistake was to draft a receiver and a safety in the second round instead of drafting the best guard they could get their hands on. We did not need another wide receiver. And the safety they drafted isn't starting. Even if he was, which he's not, it's not a more important position than offensive line when you have a HOF qb that your team is built around.

So who have caught the passes over the middle if we did not need a receiver? That was not the pick that screwed us, it was the Bell and Onyematta picks when olinemen were available. No team is perfect at every position and we should not be worried about being perfect on defense. Safety would have been the weak link. Guess what many top secondaries get burned by tight ends.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom