Curtis Lofton just said he is ALARMED at the lack of success ... (1 Viewer)

So who have caught the passes over the middle if we did not need a receiver? That was not the pick that screwed us, it was the Bell and Onyematta picks when olinemen were available. No team is perfect at every position and we should not be worried about being perfect on defense. Safety would have been the weak link. Guess what many top secondaries get burned by tight ends.

We were the #1 passing team in the NFL last year by a wide margin. Are you saying that we really needed a wide receiver more than a guard? Brees has plenty of targets. We have plenty of running backs. We did NOT need to pick Michael Thomas. That was a Sean Payton virus pick.

NFL Stats: Team

I wouldn't disagree with that... I was just pointing out that we have been making moves to bolster the line.

Charles Brown [bust]

Andrus Peat [probably a bust at this point; definitely not the performance you expect from a first round draft pick]

Jury is still out on Vaccaro if you ask me
Armstead...check :9:
John Jenkins...nothing special about him
Kenny Stills....traded to Miami
Rufus Johnson....who???

I don't think any notable free agents from that year are still here....

I really hope you're not serious.

We were the #1 passing team in the NFL last year by a wide margin. Are you saying that we really needed a wide receiver more than a guard? Brees has plenty of targets. We have plenty of running backs. We did NOT need to pick Michael Thomas. That was a Sean Payton virus pick.

NFL Stats: Team

You are wrong about Collins and wrong here. We need weapons and Collins didn't want to be a saint. What is so hard to understand about that?

Charles Brown [bust]

Andrus Peat [probably a bust at this point; definitely not the performance you expect from a first round draft pick]
Considering that's he is a 10th-20 rd pick... What is the success rate of them being all-pro athletes from there in their second year? Some of you people are so narrow-minded in thinking that every athlete we draft should be an all pro type player. You do realize that there are 31 other teams trying to find that ALL-PRO player, right?

Considering that's he is a 10th-20 rd pick... What is the success rate of them being all-pro athletes from there in their second year? Some of you people are so narrow-minded in thinking that every athlete we draft should be an all pro type player. You do realize that there are 31 other teams trying to find that ALL-PRO player, right?

Thank you.

As for the original post. I was always alarmed by Lofton's lack of success.

Who said we had to choose between our qb and a decent offensive line. That's not he choice the front office made. The choice they made that was a mistake was to draft a receiver and a safety in the second round instead of drafting the best guard they could get their hands on. We did not need another wide receiver. And the safety they drafted isn't starting. Even if he was, which he's not, it's not a more important position than offensive line when you have a HOF qb that your team is built around.

1st I never said we had to choose.

But, if you ask me I'd rather have a stellar QB over a stellar OL.

2nd How can you know drafting Thomas is a mistake after 3 pre-season game ? You would have gone into the season with midgets Cooks-Snead and Coleman at WR ? I am not afraid to say Coleman is no Marques Colston 2.0. I think drafting Thomas was a good move, but time will tell.

The Safety they drafted isn't starting. You are right the rookie S drafted at the end of the 2nd round is not a starer for now. But I guess Thuney, Seumalo, Odhiambo or Ehinger would have been instant starter and a BIG upgrade over what we have at G. It seems you believe it. I am sorry sir but I dont buy it.

Peat was a 1st round pick, let's see what we got now that he is set to play RG. You know that Payton wont be afraid to bench a veteran and start a rookie if he thinks that's an upgrade, so we might get Landon Turner (projected as a 4th or 5th rd pick) as I read on the forum that he should be starting...

I see the sarcasm, but the Cowboys have 3 first rounders on their line (Williams, Fredericks, and Zach Martin) and a player with first round talent (Lael Collins).

We have one first rounder that's playing out of position, and our best olineman is a 3rd rounder that's injured.

Its time to start taking the Online seriously and not think that we can find HoF olinemen in undrafted free agency.

I understand what you say but, AGAIN it is not because you draft players in 1st round that they are going to be all-star.

Nicks, Evans, Armstead, Strief or Bushrod... good players and none drafted higher than 37th overall...

I understand what you say but, AGAIN it is not because you draft players in 1st round that they are going to be all-star.

Nicks, Evans, Armstead, Strief or Bushrod... good players and none drafted higher than 37th overall...

Wasn't Armstead the highest pick out of the group and that was third round?

You are wrong about Collins and wrong here. We need weapons and Collins didn't want to be a saint. What is so hard to understand about that?

WHAT are you TALKING ABOUT?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pSdXVJo4iE

Of course, he wanted to play for the Saints! He said so! The Saints didn't want him because they drafted Peat the year before. Great choice.

And, do you just ignore facts on purpose? How did the Saints "need weapons"? Did you miss it when I posted the stat that they had the #1 OFFENSE IN THE NFL LAST YEAR??? If anybody had enough weapons, it was the Saints. Here are some of the weapons the Saints had at draft time. Please look at this list and tell me which of these players should not be considered "weapons". And then tell me how many "weapons" Drew Brees actually needs to be successful? I think he has plenty of weapons and way more than enough to be successful. Did I mention that he threw for more yards than any other QB last year????

Cooks
Snead
Fleener
Spiller
Hoomanawanui
Ingram
Cadet
Hill
Coleman
Johnson
Hightower
Murphy

But, this is avoiding the main question -- which is more important: 1) Giving Drew weapons, 2) Giving Drew time to throw and keeping him healthy??

1st I never said we had to choose.

But, if you ask me I'd rather have a stellar QB over a stellar OL.

2nd How can you know drafting Thomas is a mistake after 3 pre-season game ? You would have gone into the season with midgets Cooks-Snead and Coleman at WR ? I am not afraid to say Coleman is no Marques Colston 2.0. I think drafting Thomas was a good move, but time will tell.

The Safety they drafted isn't starting. You are right the rookie S drafted at the end of the 2nd round is not a starer for now. But I guess Thuney, Seumalo, Odhiambo or Ehinger would have been instant starter and a BIG upgrade over what we have at G. It seems you believe it. I am sorry sir but I dont buy it.

Peat was a 1st round pick, let's see what we got now that he is set to play RG. You know that Payton wont be afraid to bench a veteran and start a rookie if he thinks that's an upgrade, so we might get Landon Turner (projected as a 4th or 5th rd pick) as I read on the forum that he should be starting...

You're argument is based on the wrong thing. You're still trying to argue that Thomas was the right pick because he's better than any of our receivers. I'm saying it doesn't matter if he's better. If Drew doesn't have time to throw, it DOESN'T MATTER WHO'S RUNNING THE ROUTES.

Okay, granted. Round doesn't matter. What matters is judging talent and then ACTUALLY MAKING A PICK in that position. So, remind me, how many guards did the Saints draft this year in any position??? Answer: ZERO.

Okay, granted. Round doesn't matter. What matters is judging talent and then ACTUALLY MAKING A PICK in that position. So, remind me, how many guards did the Saints draft this year in any position??? Answer: ZERO.

They did not draft any. They even said they wanted to but the way the draft went they did not. In the end, I guess they thought Peat or whoever else we had on the roster was a better answer at G than what was available in the draft. Have you think about that ?

I mean I am not an expert as you are to state that this rookie G will be a stud and an upgrade over what we have. Let see how those rookie G (Thuney, Seumalo, Odhiambo or Ehinger) drafted after the 1st round will grade by season end.

take care

Jury is still out on Vaccaro if you ask me
Armstead...check :9:
John Jenkins...nothing special about him
Kenny Stills....traded to Miami
Rufus Johnson....who???

I don't think any notable free agents from that year are still here....

I agree , but Rufus plays for NE now, so good pick just need more time and someone that could develop his talent

I really hope you're not serious.
As far as playing up to draft position with consistency yes the jury is out.

Did you see him blow coverage the other night?

He's been pretty mediocre and limited in impact for a #1. This is his 4th year. This is it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom