Curtis Lofton just said he is ALARMED at the lack of success ... (1 Viewer)

It's easy to say, "We're a year away ... etc.,etc." There is nothing in that statement that is realistic. That's just the talk of someone who knows THIS season doesn't look good. In "reality" we could be 5 years away from another winning season. Nobody knows. I do know this. Based on what I've seen of the offensive line this preseason, we should have drafted a guard in the second round or made guard the highest priority of all in free agency. I challenge anyone to argue with me that there was a more important acquisition in free agency this year than guard looking at the way Drew is being pressured.

Yes, I was screaming for a pass rusher this offseason. We got him in the 1st round. Then, we spent picks on other positions, I guess BPA. But, right now those picks don't seem as important as a starting guard would have been.
Yes, I agree that we could be more than five years away from another winning season. For that matter, the qb that guides us to our next winning season could be in elementary school right now, but you miss my point. Obviously we took bpa according to how we had players ranked, but a guard in the second or fourth round would look pretty good now

Cowboys have a great line and they do great. Sort of...

I see the sarcasm, but the Cowboys have 3 first rounders on their line (Williams, Fredericks, and Zach Martin) and a player with first round talent (Lael Collins).

We have one first rounder that's playing out of position, and our best olineman is a 3rd rounder that's injured.

Its time to start taking the Online seriously and not think that we can find HoF olinemen in undrafted free agency.

Cowboys have a great line and they do great. Sort of...

Pouncey and Co....are no punks in Pitt either. His brother gets honorable mention for the line down in Miami also. Many lines, across the league need serious help, there are more bad than good. But this Pitt line makes a our DLine look like it's Bush League. But, the QB has to help the O Line. Cam shut things down, was pushing in, and Ben got on the move....got on his horse...found a lane to make the throw.

Has the gap between this preseason and previous ones been that wide? Our offense is mediocre almost every preseason.

I don't believe that to be accurate. From 2009 through 2011, Brees and gang would come in for 1 quarter, put up 2 TDs without breaking a sweat and call it a night

Folks, seriously, let's just take a deep breath and relax. Am I concerned about obvious flaws, yes. Unfortunately we didn't extend Drew this off-season and thus no money to make a move for a guard or another pass rusher. It's also unfortunate that we don't model ourselves after the Patriots in this regard, and that's stock piling draft picks instead of trading them away. I'm cautiously optimistic for a winning season, but in reality, we're a year away from being where we want to be
You would thing the front office would get it after the success we had in the draft last year. Maybe they will try to trade down next draft or make a trade for more picks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2009 week 3 we beat the Raiders 45 to 7
We scored in our first three possessions
Brees was 14/17 179 yards 2 TD

2011 week 3 we beat the Raiders 40 to 20
We scored on our first two possessions
Brees was 15/23 189 yards

2012 week 3 we beat Houston 34 - 27
We fumbled, and then scored, 3 and out, then scored
Brees was 17/25 179 yards 2 TD

2013 week 3 we beat Houston 31 - 23
We scored, 3 and out, and then scored
Brees was 4/6 106 yards 1 TD

2014 week 3 we beat the Colts 23-17
Touchdown, stalled, and then touchdown
Brees was 9/15 128 yards 2TD

2015 we lost to the Texans 13-27
Brees had one drive that led to a FG
Brees was 4/6 40 yards

2016 we lost to the Steelers 14-27
3 and out, stalled, touchdown
Brees was 9/12 78 yards 1 TD
The common theme is protection. Grubbs, Evans were all around for many of those seasons but they don't last forever. G,G,T,C should be our targets next year. Even if the line improves, we have Unger who will be up after this year and Strief will be another year older. Gotta re-up.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Somebody else said they weren't serious, but okay. Let's say you're right. Let's say they have been serious about the OLIne over the last few seasons. Then, you explain to me how the OLine is such a mess if they've been serious about it.

It's not hard really. Look at our previous 2 drafts in 14-15. How many are still here? How much dead money does this team have? I am pretty sure we lead the league in that. When you let go talent and don't bring any in in 2 straight years, it catches up with you. It's caught up. If we start 0-4 the season is lost but we can hope next year is better and we are in the running for Fournette and a brand new Oline.

We need Kromer back.

At some point you have to realize it's the coaching/scheme and not just lack of talent. All the Saints current OL were starters in college and have NFL experience. At some point the light may come on and they start to get Roushar scheme BUT will Brees last long enough to see it?

The thing holding down those Cow Patties is that QB, Tony "perpetually hurt" Romo. There's serious talent on that team. Replace him and they could take off.

That's my point :) whatever the OLine, if u have no QB, u have like no chance. Unless you are the Ravens back in the days suiting up a stellar D every game.

Now, if the O-line is really really bad it will be tough on the QB but looks to me that if Armstead plays it should be ok, not great but ok.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom