Curtis Lofton restructres his deal (1 Viewer)

Mixed feelings about the process. I really don't want to increase our cap number in the following years, but I trust Loomis knows exactly what he is doing.

Although, Lofton is the perfect guy to do so, relatively young, and for sure on our plans for the long haul.

That's a great point guillermo. This is why drafting well in the later rounds is so important. Great late round draft picks provide needed positions on the team at a huge discount.

Maybe they do the same with Hawthorne. He has a 3M roster bonus. I don't think the guys mind getting paid a few months early.
Roster bonus was guaranteed if he was on the roster 3 days after the super bowl. I'm not sure if it can be restructured now. He's a virtual lock to make the roster as a result.

The cap will be going up big time next year so I'm sure this was all in the plans... probably even worked it out with Lofton when he signed his deal last year. Loomis is beastly.

most sources are still, and have consistently refuted this claim of a sky rocketing cap. the nflpa has borrowed against it meaning that they already saw the increased tv money in their numbers the last two years.

The cap will be going up big time next year so I'm sure this was all in the plans... probably even worked it out with Lofton when he signed his deal last year. Loomis is beastly.

Cap isn't going on big time as everyone thought. Will be small increases when new tv money comes through

Well this kills the idea that Brees cannot restructure his contract so soon. If Lofton can, so can Brees.

I wonder why the cap number has remained the same... 3 years in a row the same cap #

Well this kills the idea that Brees cannot restructure his contract so soon. If Lofton can, so can Brees.

Of course he can, but his cap hit for 2015 is 26.4 mil. anyway. We dont want to have one player with a 35 mil. cap hit. That is why I am against Drew restructuring his contract.

The sound you hear is the rest of the league quivering in fear at the realization that the sleeping giant is waking up...and he's angry. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom