Curtis Lofton restructres his deal (1 Viewer)

I like the restructuring as a business manuever to get under the cap but I hope these types of moves aren't done with guys who we shouldn't be keeping just because Loomis has the ability to do it.

I'm talking W. Smith, maybe vilma, guys like Herring.

I like the restructuring as a business manuever to get under the cap but I hope these types of moves aren't done with guys who we shouldn't be keeping just because Loomis has the ability to do it.

You only restructure guys that will see the length of the deal in full, so you don't have dead cap space if you do cut them.

All a restructure means is that some of his money was converted into a signing bonus and paid to him immediately instead of later so that it could be spread out over the life of the contract instead of counting only this season. He still makes exactly the same money as before.
Ok

Well this kills the idea that Brees cannot restructure his contract so soon. If Lofton can, so can Brees.

Yep... I was one who thought this.. I could have sworn I heard it before that you couldn't restructure a contract until after the 1st year... Looks like I was wrong...

Axe these Three

But, I Still Love Vilma,,,I wear his jersey to honor him...

Yep... I was one who thought this.. I could have sworn I heard it before that you couldn't restructure a contract until after the 1st year... Looks like I was wrong...
I had also thought it because there were articles that had stated that a player had to wait 12 months after signing a new deal before they could restructure. Perhaps it was an old rule or perhaps one person said it and everybody ran with it.

This has already been discussed in several threads recently (some of which you participated in...)

Salary Cap:
2013: 121.1 million
2014: ~122 million
2015: ~125 million
2016: ~130 million

Drew Brees's cap hit:
2013: 17.4 million
2014: 18.4 million
2015: 26.4 million
2016: 27.4 million

Thanks for researching that.

Underscores how badly they want to win a ring in the next two years. Helps to further explain the Ryan hire, and getting the young guys playing aggressive again.

There is no free lunch. All of this deferring is going to add to the post-Brees era hangover. I'm willing to go all in with Payton/Brees and deal with the lean years, but I think there will be a period of adjustment.

I really wish there was a sticky with comp picks, restructure vs renegotiate, and a few other terms that seem to be misunderstood by more than not explained. They are easy and I know that it's getting old explaining them and having to sidetrack so many conversations because of it.

I too am willing to suffer the lean years after this golden era is over.

But I fear this team has slacked, been sleeping, and hasn't done everything it can to maximize our window.

We have no plan on defense beside makeshift DCs every few years. No strategic acquisition of talent, just stop gaps and situational drafts.

We are enamored so much with our weird drafting ability we go for small school guys and think we can develop anyone. We are below average at his point in drafting over the last 7 years.

Zero probowlers out of the first round.
Only drafted probolwers in this regime have been Graham, Evans, and Nicks.

David Hawthorne need to restructure. Im sure he is next. He couldn't stay on field last season. I'm surprised Lofton accepted to restructure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom