Cut all of the wrs that Bridgewater did best with. Any coming coming back? (1 Viewer)

So what do we do when Drew is back in six weeks and all of his favorite targets who he's got great timing with are gone?

Lil'Jordan Humphries would just have to be activated from the PS. I'd say bring him and Butler up if we're going to have 5. Lil'Jordan only if we're going to have 4 with Kamara counting as the fifth when we go five wide.

If Bridgewater can’t make it work throwing the ball to Thomas, Ginn, Kamara, Cook, and Smith, he can’t make it work. Same for Hill.
I just hope Smith's ankle (isn't that was he hurt) isn't serious. He's come up pretty big so far this year and looked like he was on his way to having a breakout season.

Ginn was a ghost last week. What was that all about? If anyone can get separation, it's him with his speed and I saw him two steps ahead of his defender on intermediate crossing routes multiple times. I don't think he was even targeted. If he was, it wasn't memorable at all.

ETA: just checked his stats. The line is completely blank. Not even a single target.

So what do we do when Drew is back in six weeks and all of his favorite targets who he's got great timing with are gone?

Lil'Jordan Humphries would just have to be activated from the PS. I'd say bring him and Butler up if we're going to have 5. Lil'Jordan only if we're going to have 4 with Kamara counting as the fifth when we go five wide.
Timing that can't get open to even catch the ball?

If Bridgewater can’t make it work throwing the ball to Thomas, Ginn, Kamara, Cook, and Smith, he can’t make it work. Same for Hill.
Well luckily they will have to bring in at least one extra player.

The question now is who.

I just hope Smith's ankle (isn't that was he hurt) isn't serious. He's come up pretty big so far this year and looked like he was on his way to having a breakout season.

Ginn was a ghost last week. What was that all about? If anyone can get separation, it's him with his speed and I saw him two steps ahead of his defender on intermediate crossing routes multiple times. I don't think he was even targeted. If he was, it wasn't memorable at all.

ETA: just checked his stats. The line is completely blank. Not even a single target.

One or two guys will get called up because of current injuries. It won’t be as a security blanket for Bridgewater (I already know you agree with that).

As far as Ginn, I think we just have to accept the offense derailed after Brees went out and hope it was a one game setback. If Ginn is slipping, that’s probably not adequately accounted for with the guys we currently have. Smith shows promise and could probably get more work, but then that means relying more on Carr and rookie UDFAs.

This season already sucks badly enough, hopefully Smith isn’t hurt too seriously. (Nice run after the catch Sunday - more of that, please!)

Any word on bringing back Grayson, Butler, Or Humprey?

The current roster was designed with Drew's favorite targets in mind.

Im ready to see what Bridgewater can do with "his" guys.
Love this idea! We can re-make the team with a bunch of rookies and UDFA's. Heck, this movie writes itself! A combination of Rudy and The Bad News Bears.

Probably without the victory at the end, though, but otherwise I think this is fantastic.

I'll add:

Ginn took 60% of the O snaps. According to Next Gen Stats he didn't make the top 4 in WR separation:.

Screenshot_20190918-092228.png

I'll add:

Ginn took 60% of the O snaps. According to Next Gen Stats he didn't make the top 4 in WR separation:.

Screenshot_20190918-092228.png
Does that only include receivers who were at least targeted? I mean, they've got Harris on there and he had one target with one catch for -7 yards.

I know I saw him on a few plays with separation crossing the middle. Then again, I only have the TV angle so I could be totally wrong.

Does that only include receivers who were at least targeted?

I know I saw him on a few plays with separation crossing the middle. Then again, I only have the TV angle so I could be totally wrong.

Good point. Probably only targeted WRs and TEs, because Next Gen doesnt show his route chart for week 2 either. In some fairness to Ginn, if he ran many routes on the left side of the field, Bridgewater wasn't looking there.

Good point. Probably only targeted WRs and TEs, because Next Gen doesnt show his route chart for week 2 either. In some fairness to Ginn, if he ran many routes on the left side of the field, Bridgewater wasn't looking there.
That's where he was crossing from and looked open over the middle when I saw he had separation at least twice. And you're right, TB seemed to only be looking to his right and by the time he'd look to the middle or left, he'd held the ball too long and no one was open or the line was beat or holding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom