Cut bait from Google . . . ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Has anyone here successfully cut the Google environment out of their daily lives? I was thinking recently that we use Google for just about frickin everything. Email, calendar, internet searching, cloud storage, maps . . . the list can go on, can't it?

I have looked at alternatives recently. Everything is paid, of course. If they can't throw directed ads at you, they have to get revenue somehow, right? I have found a solution for just about everything but a calendar solution. I need to be able to share a calendar among our family and there isn't much out there besides google, microsoft, apple . . .

Has anyone here successfully cut the Google environment out of their daily lives? I was thinking recently that we use Google for just about frickin everything. Email, calendar, internet searching, cloud storage, maps . . . the list can go on, can't it?

I have looked at alternatives recently. Everything is paid, of course. If they can't throw directed ads at you, they have to get revenue somehow, right? I have found a solution for just about everything but a calendar solution. I need to be able to share a calendar among our family and there isn't much out there besides google, microsoft, apple . . .

We share calendars with Cozi.

Office 365?

I remember 1997-1998 and I went upstairs and was talking to an engineer (who would end up marrying my sister) and I saw the Google search engine up on his computer. I asked him what it was and at the end of his explanation he said, “everyone will be using this very soon and for a long time”.

Mail: BlueMail, Tutanota
SMS: Signal
Calendar: Tutanota
Browser: Firefox Focus, Tor
Maps: Citymapper
Store: F-Droid
Search: Duckduckgo or Searx
Drive: Sync

Lots of work, but possible...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom