Cut Carney... Play Hartley!!! (1 Viewer)

the-commish

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Isn't it time to do this. I know the Saints are 11-0 with Carney, but Carney's inability to kick now even short field goals could have cost us some close games; and could still cost us some close games in the future.

I would feel much better with Hartley. When is this coaching staff going to cut the old timer loose?

He does make me nervous, id rather just let brees go for it every 4th down

After his second kick that went towards the right (still in), the expression on Coach's face told me he wasnt happy. After the third kick, coach's face told me Carney just sealed his fate. I think we will see Hartley soon.

After his second kick that went towards the right (still in), the expression on Coach's face told me he wasnt happy. After the third kick, coach's face told me Carney just sealed his fate. I think we will see Hartley soon.

Agreed....this will give Hartley 5 games to get his act together.
And i agree with Vishal...i have more confidence in our ability to
convert 4th downs than the kicking game right now.
It's been like a roller coaster ride with this guy from game to game.
Uncertainty is no longer an option.

Since Hartley has not been put on IR, we have to assume he can play at some point this season. And if he can play, then get Carney out of here. A great player and great career, but he does not have it anymore.

There should either have IR'ed Hartley weeks ago (perhaps keep Clancy on the roster and hope to have him for the playoffs) or cut Carney. Having both of them of the roster is not good enough, with the level Carney is playing at now.

we are 11-0. why on earth would you do anything to rock the boat? Carney worries me at times but at the end of the day, we are 11-0.

we are 11-0. why on earth would you do anything to rock the boat? Carney worries me at times but at the end of the day, we are 11-0.

A fair point, but he hasn't looked right the past few weeks. I'm surprised we haven't switched to Hartley yet as it is.

No team should enter the playoffs with a kicker that makes the coach nervous. And with injuries mounting on the defense, we need the roster spot for depth.

Sorry John, but its time to go.

Because we are getting better each week. The kicking game is one more area to improve.

Carney is only being used over Hartley because he is supposed to be 100% < 40 yards.

Well, since that is no longer the case, shouldnt we just put in our young guy who might be 75%, but have a range of 55 yards?

I mean, if we're going to have a kicker who isnt automatic, we should at least be playing the one who has a future.

I like what Gruden said after the game. "No wonder the Saints have two kickers they kick a lot of extra points!!!"

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Granted he hasn't been great this year but it has been working.

Agreed....this will give Hartley 5 games to get his act together.
And i agree with Vishal...i have more confidence in our ability to
convert 4th downs than the kicking game right now.
It's been like a roller coaster ride with this guy from game to game.
Uncertainty is no longer an option.

If you watched the game on tv last night, you have seen that the Saints are 29th in the league in converting on 4th downs.

Just like Predator, I'm glad Carney got to come in and play a part in this special year for the Saints. I am feeling like we need to start transitioning to Hartley at this point though. IF he's our future, might as well start getting more experience under his belt.

we need to consider this.. he was shaky all night long. In the playoffs games can and usually are decided by a field goal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom