Cut Drew Brees please. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brees can hold that opinion all he wants but I proudly burned my Brees Jersey yesterday in condemnination of his intolerant, despicable, show of callousness toward black issues.

It made me absolutely sick.

Again.

At least he apologized. That's the only good thing to say on the matter.

That's funny. I actually went out and bought a Brees jersey...

I've been a civil rights activist and community organizer in Texas now for going on 15 years now and just recently purchased a few acres of land to start a community land trust for low income residents and you?

What do you do for the world?

Placing flags as higher priority than standing up for human life doesn't sound anything like love to me.
I read the the whole thread and all of your posts. Brees is getting deserved blow back for his comment. Just like you have your passionate opinion, I have mine. It all comes down to if you think that Brees really is callous, non-caring about people of color and places the American flag over the human lives and injustice. I've read both the reply to the question about the flag and yeah, he's asked for the shirtstorm he's getting. I also read his apology and now that comes down to questioning his sincerity. You (NOFALCONS10) seem to believe that he truly values the flag over human lives. I personally don't think he does, but I don't agree or apologize for the statement. What I will be watching is how his black teammates respond in the upcoming days. I'll watch how respected veterans like Cam Jordan, Malcom Jenkins and Demario Davis, etc., respond to Brees' apology and admission of an irresponsible statement. They've shown enough character to make me respect their opinion on Brees' sincerity. Unlike you and I, they talk directly and you can bet they'll talk very frankly. If they accept Brees' sincerity, I'll move on. If they feel that Brees really is as cold hearted and, I guess, phony as you seem to think he is, then it will be known in their reactions and how it affects team chemistry. Brees would probably walk if the team doesn't trust in his sincerity, IMO.

I'm a Veteran of the US Navy. I served my country so that everyone can have their rights. One of those rights is freedom of speech. Drew, Malcolm and Mike Thomas all have a right to thier opinion. Let them work it out thenselves. You don't cut someone because he had an opinion.

One rapes people.

The other casually suggests that star-spangled tablecloths are of higher importance than human life

I missed that part of the Brees response, where he said anything that is remotely close to that, or racist...
You can twist his words, or assume what you believe is deeper meaning to his response and draw conclusions, or whatever... you are not stating facts about what he said and what actually happened. You are part of the problem with all of this...

I think you can really make a statement by deleting your account here at the SSF and martyring yourself on Saintsreport. The Saints will really feel the pain and urgency of your feelings if you go find a new team to support.

NOFALCON, im going say this with all sincerity and with my heart. I understand what and why Brees said what he did and i understand why it is perceived as wrong. I see you have a ton of passion and civil rights is important to you which is very admirable. I was on the other side of the boat most of my life in understanding how hard living as a black person is. I had a very hard life and it offended me to hear someone say i had it easy or i had privilege. i saw it as disrespectful or a slap it the face with all the hard work that i have put into being successful for me and my family. The more i would hear people like you the more it pushed further away from understanding the true BLM cause. Then after name calling and being talked down to on here a few people pulled me aside, some black and some white and truly explained things to me in a way that helped me understand with love and compassion, made me reevaluate what i was thinking and allowed me to become a part of the solution and not just say i dont care. when you call the flag a rag or a tablecloth you are losing people in your fight. just like civil rights matter to you the flag matters to many as something more. to call a man who has been a pillar to his community vile names and show no remorse or no forgiveness is also a way to push people away. i think you could make a huge difference on this board and with people if you redirected your passion into explain what Brees did wrong in your eyes and forgiving him based on your view of the life he has led. this movement is not a political movement it is a spiritual one and i think love and forgiveness is the best way to achieve true equality

I don't want to negotiate or have anything to do with anyone who thinks the inherent value of a flag. Is higher or of equal importance than human life..

There can be no compromise on that issue, period.

No appreciable understanding can be achieved with such a person who unapologetically adheres to such a notion.

The difference in moral values are too steep and irreconcilable to be bridged.

Just because he is drew brees doesn't qualify him for a pass to spew ignorant flag-worship at the expense of protesters with legitimate grievances.

That's funny. I actually went out and bought a Brees jersey...
Why did @NOFALCONS10 burn his Drew Brees Jersey? He made a comment that was not the best way to come across. Him saying he doesn't agree with anybody kneeling for the flag shouldn't have been the tone. He should of spoke about himself and left others out of it. "I choose to stand for the flag, this is my reason so on and those who chose not to that's their right and freedom of choice". Should of went that way and all this wouldn't have beem an issue. To burn his jersey is much, but you paid for the jersey and that's your right. I don't see why you would burn it. See how I just did that. Too easy huh.

One rapes people.

The other casually suggests that star-spangled tablecloths are of higher importance than human life
So Drew doesn’t care about human life?
And the flag is a tablecloth. Ah.
So never mind Drew’s actions over the last 15 years, his one statement is enough for you condemn him and equate him to a rapist. Got it. Viewpoints other than your own aren’t to be tolerated. But, please feel free to lecture everyone (including Brees) on how intolerant THEY are.

I don't want to negotiate or have anything to do with anyone who thinks the inherent value of a flag. Is higher or of equal importance than human life..

No appreciable understanding can be achieved with such a person who unapologetically adheres to such a notion.

Just because he is drew brees doesn't qualify him for a pass to spew ignorant flag-worship at the expense of protesters with legitimate grievances.
This is the type of dug-in, misguided attitude that prevents meaningful dialogue from taking place. In fact, it's pretty clear you're not interested in dialogue. You want everyone to kowtow to your position and dismiss all others. Good luck bringing about social change that way.

then you are as lost as i was and i wish you luck, but someone like you can truly be dangerous to the civil rights movement. be careful because what we lose site of is that civil right isnt only about black people getting equality, its about teaching white people to understand the black persons struggles. if you arent doing both then you are failing it all

Exactly my point.
well if you agree then you shouldnt be upset at Brees though right? he POV is that his grandfather or whoever fought for the country in whatever war for the freedoms we have today. i didnt hear the interview, did he say something derogatory to the protest? or that he doesnt agree bc of what his experience was?

I agree with everything that Malcolm Jenkins said.

Brees is an embarrassment to his sparkling career and to the city after these comments and something needs to be done.

He showed where his true concern lies by placing higher value on a piece of cloth over human life.

He spoke more passionate defending a piece of cloth than he did in condemning cold-blooded murder.

Enough is enough.

Im sickened and distressed.
Something tells me you hate all white people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom