Cut Drew Brees please. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support the flag of this country, a country that I think is the greatest country on earth. I personally would not turn my back on the flag or kneel down in protest when the flag is displayed, but I respect that other people may feel the need to do so. I prefer action over symbolism. Action to address the issues that this country has faced and is facing today.

I acknowledged, 100% that there is injustice in the world, injustice in the United States of America and massive amounts of injustice in the black community, predominately in poor inner city black communities. That is an issue that MANY have attempted to address in MANY different ways and the results have been spotty at best. I think mass incarceration of a large percentage of a population (younger black males from cities) has had a MASSIVE negative impact on that community, and this has been going on for decades. (A 1990's era Federal Crime Bill, authored by Joe Biden and signed by Bill Clinton, made this problem MUCH worse.) I have had many friends of all backgrounds over the years, I did not grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth, I do know people of all backgrounds who did. Systemic Poverty is a massive issue and there have been scant attempts to really address this issue over many decades.

Killing of ANY unarmed suspect by police is wrong. It is a pretty rare occurrence, but it is VERY WRONG and any officer involved should be investigated and , if convicted, should rot in jail...at best. I also have issues with Police Unions backing up many brutal cops, I believe in REAL accountability for bad cops. The mantra that most cops are good does not cut it. ALL cops need to be good. People with guns and badges.....they can't make mistakes. (I know that is impossible, but that has to be the goal.)

I've been a civil rights activist and community organizer in Texas now for going on 15 years now and just recently purchased a few acres of land to start a community land trust for low income residents and you?

What do you do for the world?

Placing flags as higher priority than standing up for human life doesn't sound anything like love to me.
yes but Drew Brees has been doing the same thing in La and other parts of the country, so i am going to need more because you still may be a terrible human being with a hidden agenda.

see how silly that sounds? well thats how you sound....

It’s not the actual Flag that is more valuable, it’s the representation of thIs great Nation that is more valuable. It’s why millions of men and women of all color and race swear an oath to defend it at all cost. It’s why millions have died to protect it and the Freedoms it stands for. So Yes! The Flag is more valuable than an individual life.
Tell that to Native Americans who never asked to die for it.

"That flag stands for blood"

Tell that to millions of blacks who never asked to be enslaved for it.

The principles the flag represents should count for more than the flag itself.

yes but Drew Brees has been doing the same thing in La and other parts of the country, so i am going to need more because you still may be a terrible human being with a hidden agenda.

see how silly that sounds? well thats how you sound....
Only I don't have to apologize for wicked statements that devalue human life for the sake of a glorified tablecloth because I'm not a complete nationalist tool.

Tell that to Native Americans who never asked to die for it.

"That flag stands for blood"

Tell that to millions of blacks who never asked to be enslaved for it.

The principles the flag represents should count for more than the flag itself.

im part native american, i dont see it that way.

do you take offense to Joe Biden saying if you dont vote the way I SAY, you arent black?

I support the flag of this country, a country that I think is the greatest country on earth. I personally would not turn my back on the flag or kneel down in protest when the flag is displayed, but I respect that other people may feel the need to do so. I prefer action over symbolism. Action to address the issues that this country has faced and is facing today.

I acknowledged, 100% that there is injustice in the world, injustice in the United States of America and massive amounts of injustice in the black community, predominately in poor inner city black communities. That is an issue that MANY have attempted to address in MANY different ways and the results have been spotty at best. I think mass incarceration of a large percentage of a population (younger black males from cities) has had a MASSIVE negative impact on that community, and this has been going on for decades. (A 1990's era Federal Crime Bill, authored by Joe Biden and signed by Bill Clinton, made this problem MUCH worse.) I have had many friends of all backgrounds over the years, I did not grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth, I do know people of all backgrounds who did. Systemic Poverty is a massive issue and there have been scant attempts to really address this issue over many decades.

Killing of ANY unarmed suspect by police is wrong. It is a pretty rare occurrence, but it is VERY WRONG and any officer involved should be investigated and , if convicted, should rot in jail...at best. I also have issues with Police Unions backing up many brutal cops, I believe in REAL accountability for bad cops. The mantra that most cops are good does not cut it. ALL cops need to be good. People with guns and badges.....they can't make mistakes. (I know that is impossible, but that has to be the goal.)

Bill Hicks put it best.

Darren Sharper was huge into charity too.

Care to excuse his behavior too?

A solid past doesn't erase the crap things a person does or says to dehumanize other humans.

Try learning that sometime.
Are you serious?!??! Putting that piece of work Sharper in the same sentence as Brees and making some kind of comparison between the two??
Wow.

Only I don't have to apologize for wicked statements that devalue human life for the sake of a glorified tablecloth because I'm not a complete nationalist tool.
NOFALCON, im going say this with all sincerity and with my heart. I understand what and why Brees said what he did and i understand why it is perceived as wrong. I see you have a ton of passion and civil rights is important to you which is very admirable. I was on the other side of the boat most of my life in understanding how hard living as a black person is. I had a very hard life and it offended me to hear someone say i had it easy or i had privilege. i saw it as disrespectful or a slap it the face with all the hard work that i have put into being successful for me and my family. The more i would hear people like you the more it pushed further away from understanding the true BLM cause. Then after name calling and being talked down to on here a few people pulled me aside, some black and some white and truly explained things to me in a way that helped me understand with love and compassion, made me reevaluate what i was thinking and allowed me to become a part of the solution and not just say i dont care. when you call the flag a rag or a tablecloth you are losing people in your fight. just like civil rights matter to you the flag matters to many as something more. to call a man who has been a pillar to his community vile names and show no remorse or no forgiveness is also a way to push people away. i think you could make a huge difference on this board and with people if you redirected your passion into explain what Brees did wrong in your eyes and forgiving him based on your view of the life he has led. this movement is not a political movement it is a spiritual one and i think love and forgiveness is the best way to achieve true equality

Well many natives do.

That's the point.

Suggesting that not standing for a flag while protesting genocide is the height of ignorance.
everyone has their own point of view based on their experiences.

are you offended by Joe Biden saying if you dont vote for the way I SAY , you arent black? whats your opinion on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom