Cut Malcolm Jenkins please (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to be cut. I cant believe we have to have this discussion. Plain and simple the knee was because of black people being openly murdered in the street because of their skin. IM WITH MALCOLM DREW Please stop!. It's about my brothers and sisters being openly hunted and murdered in the street with no recourse. I'm not sure if the context is correct but it sounds horrible 9

You guys heard about a virus called Covid?

Lot of emotion in this thread. It has been interesting to see all the viewpoints.

I think this is a case of not so much what Drew said, but the way he said it. I can give you my flavor... I'll start with that I always understood that the kneeling protests were never protesting the flag.

I, like Drew, feel that if I were to take a knee during the national anthem that I'd be showing a sign of disrespect. And that's really where it's how he said it. You see, that's me. It's that I feel it would be disrespectful, for me.

Unlike Drew, I can also acknowledge that what the players who took a knee were doing was NOT intending to disrespect the flag (as many have tried to turn it into), but they were taking a very visual time to do a protest. And it did, to an extent, what protests are supposed to do and got people talking about it. The problem was that so many framed it as protesting the flag.

I like Drew and respect the hell out of him, but this was a misstep in wording. What he probably should have said, if anything, was that if his teammates chose to kneel that he would respect that, but that he himself would not take a knee because of his personal beliefs.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. If you believe in something, that's fine. Own it. But there's definitely something to be said about how you convey it. Especially on an issue like this. And he's typically really good at knowing how to frame things. His eyes looked puffy like he had just got up, so maybe he wasn't on his A game. I don't know. They've got time; they'll figure it out.

Just like Kap has the right to protest in the manner he chooses, Drew has the right to disagree with the manner of protest.
So what if players raise a fist instead? You think Brees and the masses would be pleased with that? Or does our left hand have to be placed directly on our **** too?

I remember when we use to pray. I wonder what happened to that symbolic gesture

you need to be cut. I cant believe we have to have this discussion. Plain and simple the knee was because of black people being openly murdered in the street because of their skin. IM WITH MALCOLM DREW Please stop!. It's about my brothers and sisters being openly hunted and murdered in the street with no recourse. I'm not sure if the context is correct but it sounds horrible 9

Brees is NOT against your brothers or sisters being hunted. He’s feeding your brothers and sisters. He justthinks people should show respect for the flag because it’s important to him...and it has nothing to do with your brothers and sisters.

Brees isn’t a social media guy. He’s very private. I’m pretty sure that he wasn’t prepared for a political question on Yahoo finance. He obviously handled the question poorly.

"Next question." Is really hard to say? You don't have to answer everything in an interview.

So, if you think Brees shouldn't be criticized for stating his opinion, but at the same time think Jenkins should be cut for voicing his, raise your hand!

"Next question." Is really hard to say? You don't have to answer everything in an interview.

Havr you ever been interviewed? Have you ever had an important interview that will be broadcasted to millions...and on finance...a topic that is not your expertise? Because you make it seem so easy but it’s very possible that he was nervous and simply made a mistake.

Everyone has the right to their opinion, but no one is exempt from the possibility of having their opinions criticized.

Would you "respect" all opinions from 30 years ago, 50 years ago, or 100 years ago? You would "respect" opinions endorsing slavery, segregation, or subjugating women, because you "don't want to tell people what to think"? Those things went away only because some people had the balls to not respect how others thought.
So now you’re equating what Drew said to an endorsement of slavery, segregation, etc? That’s pure nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom