Cut Malcolm Jenkins please (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because one Green Beret suggested to Kap that he kneel, no one can disagree with the form of his protest? I wonder how many current and former service members see it differently than Mr. Boyer?

I know six in my family alone. And one I work with. And my barber. And probably my entire VFW post.

There's no but. If Drew Brees is unwilling or unable to stand on the side of basic human rights then he has no business being the leader of anything. I don't give a damn what he's done on the football field. This has absolutely nothing to do with football.

Drew Brees forfeited his leadership role on the New Orleans Saints football team. Just P'Oed it away. In an instant. Poof.

So the anthem is more important than Americans life and liberty?

And yea. A simple yes or no would suffice

At what point did the anthem cost Americans their life and liberty?

At what point did the anthem cost Americans their life and liberty?

When you put the song before any America.

Therefore when the problem is showed to you you choose to focus on the song. That’s when.

Any additional questions?

So of y’all are so problem oriented instead of solution driven and wonder why the rest do the world is passing us by.

It matters not says who? You? Who made you the arbiter of what is morally decided in a country predicated on the first amendment codifying one’s right of free expression?

Who made the judgement that whitewashing our history to show blind allegiance to a subjectively chosen form of national idolatry should be unwavering and without questions?

Francis Scott Key was a man that believed black people were a inferior race and the scourge of this land and wrote a poem(that we used for our national anthem) relishing in a black marine units destruction in their attempt to fight for freedom and to drag any survivors back into endless bondage.

A song chosen in a country where black people were subject to poll taxes, intimidation, and outright denial of many of their basic freedoms.
it IS our national anthem , if you and so many are outraged by it by all means get together and have it changed . That slavery , racism and prejudicial thinking has existed and still does today is not up for debate, It was wrong then as it is now . My question is what happened to MLK's method and vision of non violence and coming together ? All it seems today are acts of division. That's what makes me sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom