Cut Malcolm Jenkins please (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am outraged, at malcom Jenkins.

I think he needs to go.

he divided the locker room. He divided the fan base. You don’t disrespect Drew Brees and tell him ......,He’s got to go.

Jenkins is fighting a centuries-old battle that needs to be fought. He is a man of conviction and action.

No No No, do not cut Jenkins. This may actually be the incident that causes this team to bond even closer. It will take a lot of conversations and facing tough emotions, but we have a team of leaders starting with SP, Brees, DD and now I hope one of my favorite Saints of all time, Malcolm Jenkins.

Meh! He didn't do anything special. Our D played lights out over that 5 game stretch.

This is what Coach Pete talked about. I posted it previously but he said something like, "In high school and college, when the coach put a Mexican in the game to be QB, we Mexicans just played a little harder. It's human nature when one of your own gets a chance at leadership seldom presented in the past. Let's say that a team has a bunch of players from the same college, OSU for example. When one of their fellow alumni get a chance to be QB, the other OSU players will just play harder. Again, just human nature. Teddy, being a man of color, and a natural leader, gained 100% support of his fellow teammates of color. The defense has not played that well in a 5-game stretch since the old Dome Patrol. This ain't racism, this is just people being people."

1st those that sat say anthem is just a poem or the flag is just a flag you're wrong . BOTH are symbols of this COUNTRY . Neither can exist without the other. If you can't understand that than you can't understand why some feel that disrespect shown while playing the anthem and that big flag is waving on the jumbo tron is on is wrong , As far as Jenkins , I really did not want him back 1st cause he's way past his prime and he was a dividing voice in Philly and now he is one here. You NEVER EVER tell one of your teammates , especially one of the main leaders to Please stop! on social media . You talk in person or on the phone , THAT is what a MAN does. It's an obvious attention seeking behavior from someone that wants to be in the limelight. The other question is MJ played many yrs with DB , he should know Drew's feelings on such things. To almost come out and say Drew is a racist . this obviously is really not about Drew . It's about Jenkins just like he wants it . If you want to make a change make people see your point , see things that you want to change and help them to change violence and disrespecting something they hold near and dear to their hearts is NOT the way . You only wind up alienating them and making them more determined to not listen and escalating division, the opposite of what you had intended . I plead lets not do that
He never called Drew Brees a racist. He pointed out that Drew, not unlike yourself, still did not understand the reason and motivation behind the protest. If you and i bought a bus company together. but in it;s daily operation people of color are made to go to the back of the bus after paying the same fare, or are passed at the bus stop. I then began to place a sign on this bus that indicates that we are not treating our customers equally. it is not a sign that asks our customer not to ride but only one that brings attention to the fact that we are not just in our practices. Does that mean i am disrespecting the company we purchased together, or am I stating in the most humble and civilized manner possible because I still have a stake in this company, that our policies have to change. Don't be fed your opinion, not by the president or anyone else for a moment. Look at the issue and if you don't see that there is a disparity in liberties in America then we are in more trouble than we may have imagined. The protest was not about respect for the flag. It never was. It was about the fact that under this flag we all purchased with our collective bloods for what it's values are.. we are not recognizing the plight of some of our fellow brothers in equal sacrifice.

You are missing the point ANY flag of ANY country represents that country ANY national anthem of ANY country represents that country. That's why the winner of the race carries the flag around the track or the play the anthem of the gold medal winner . Flag and anthem stand for something . When your actions disrespect or seem to disrespect any of those symbols no matter how you spin it saying it was no disrespect it really is cause actions speak louder than words
I think you have also missed the point. go back to the Boston Tea Party... the original one... not the radical one. The tea was a representation of the british and their policies. so the "patriots" threw the tea into the harbor because of what it represented(taxation/ oppression). I'm sure they loved the tea and drank of it regularly, but they understood that that tea represented oppression because it did not cover the rights and expectations of those young Americans. Were the British upset... yes sir, but why? Because they had everything to gain in their eyes in the form of insensitivity to the colonist... and nothing to lose was in the eyes of the Young Americans (who saw injustice in the implementation of unfair taxes). Protests are a cry for change. Just think where we would be if the Americans had not resisted. but because of it we are the strongest of allies event to this day. I think we can become a stronger nation if we really lived up to the words One Nation Under God with Freedom and Justice for All!

I am outraged, at malcom Jenkins.

I think he needs to go.

he divided the locker room. He divided the fan base. You don’t disrespect Drew Brees and tell him ......,He’s got to go.
More like cut Brees. Brees’ completely tone deaf response and lack of understanding truly make me feel hes a dunce and a product of Payton’s system. I’m reeling right now. Can’t believe this dude

yep there it is...you’re completely clueless and hypocrisy
In the words of Emanuel Sanders. "Ignorant!" and that is why we are at this point. You don't understand because you chose not to understand. You are not understanding that there is a real problem in this country with equal justice and equal opportunity. No Sir! You just don't get it.. because you just wont! its a choice.

In the words of Emanuel Sanders. "Ignorant!" and that is why we are at this point. You don't understand because you chose not to understand. You are not understanding that there is a real problem in this country with equal justice and equal opportunity. No Sir! You just don't get it.. because you just wont! its a choice.

blocked! have a nice day

I don't think Brees has learned to be honest. I don't think he's maliciously racist or anything but it's hard to completely change an opinion in one day and this has been going on for years now and he still manages to mention disrespect.
I think he means what he says though.
I agree with you brother. I love Drew Brees but his comments just show how misunderstood this movement and the plight of people of color is in this country and around the world.. We can all use better communication. I too Love this Flag but not to the point that it blinds me to the attrosities committed by individuals wrapped in its colors who pledge to uphold its standards for all people.

Fire Payton and cut Thomas, Kamara, Sanders, Cam, etc? Sounds like a winning formula to me.

Cut? Heck no!

Trade? If the price is right. No one is indispensable. When players think they're indispensable, the team will be hurt 1 way or another.

This is the Whitest thread I've read in awhile...the OP says Malcolm Jenkins is the problem?! :ROFLMAO:

So if someone in your eyes makes one mistake, even after said person has done nothing but show goodness and kindness to all people otherwise, you just cancel them? Am I right, this is how you feel?
I don't care about how much money he has thrown at things or whether he hammered a few nails at homes. The plight of black Americans in this country has been horrendous and is the biggest stain on America's legacy. It is perhaps the greatest issue that he could be a Champion for, yet for years he has stayed away from that fight. That's not by accident.

As a black man in America I don't care one bit about his charitable donations if an issue like this is one he won't fight for. This is way bigger than football and it is of vast importance to the men he calls his brothers. Those men and our entire community need people like him to step up and speak out. His silence equals compliance.

Why? For not being afraid to stand up to his quarterback making insensitive comments at the wrong time?

That would never happen with half of Jenkins contract guaranteed. And cutting Jenkins will be the new Kaepernick situation, proving everyone right that activist players are blackballed.
That would intensify the backlash Brees received for making his comments
What was insensitive abouy his opinion?

You don't know what he was thinking as neither do I. I am willing to give the man a chance to at the least explainhimself before I turn my back on him and all he has done for people.
I know what he meant. Kaep knelt years ago. The plight of black americans isn't an issue that reared it's head when George Floyd took his last breath. He refuses to join his brothers in their fight and prefers instead to pledge his allegiance to a piece of cloth instead of the men and women in this country who are being treated unequally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom