Cut Malcolm Jenkins please (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think you understand the statistic. He’s saying that a small percentage of the population is responsible for a significant % of the police officers killed.
I think you've got it backwards. It's 6% of the population mailing up 44% of the people killed by cops, not who kill cops. That's what he was saying without citing any source.

ETA: At least get your facts straight. America has nearly 13% black population. Don't know why you felt the need to cut it in half other than to make them as a race look even worse than you're trying to.

Jenkins is a cancer and they knew it when they signed him. I don’t disagree with him questioning a teammate Or why he did it, but to do it in public is the classic case of a “team cancer” opening his mouth and posting crap after talking to the man. I blame Payton. He knew this before. Hope he enjoys coaching an 8-8 team..... if he’s lucky.
Oh get out of here. Malcolm Jenkins if all people knows how to both listen and talk to people to find understanding if each other. Calling him a cancer is not only ignorant but against the TOS.

I don’t think you understand the statistic. He’s saying that a small percentage of the population is responsible for a significant % of the police officers killed.

He also asked what point you're trying to make.

You don't think the fact that 40% or whatever of violent crime being committed by black people could have anything to do with how much more closely they're policed? Or that when both a white and black person commit the same crime, black people face higher charges, higher bails, and ultimately end up spending years in jail waiting for their trial while that same white guy gets lesser charges and bail and spends those years waiting for trial watching Netflix on his couch?

There was a specific example of this in the arrests at a recent protest. 3 guys; one white, one black and one Asian/mixed all were arrested and charged for the same crime at the protest. White guy's bail? $100. Asian guy? $300. Black guy? $500. Obviously these are throw away misdemeanor charges but the bail amounts prove the overall point.

again, I’m sure there are instances of mis justice like that. There are also wrongly convicted folks of all color. These are certainly problems, but you seem to be ignoring the other problems of your own people. I live a few blocks from a war zone in Chicago where black people are slaughtering each other every week. That includes innocent women and children caught in the crossfire. People have pleaded for The National guard to be brought into patrol the streets in order to protect innocent people from getting mowed down. If you don’t recognize that these are problems as well, then you’re just as racist as the people you’re protesting. These are deep seeded issues and lots of things need to change to fix them

Last edited:
And when was this?

I had remembered them getting called a couple years ago but just checked and while it was heavily discussed, they never came. I updated my post. Regardless, my point was that there are thousands of shootings and hundreds of murders a year here in Chicagos black communities. A lot are gangs but a lot are innocent people, including kids, who are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I live a few blocks from a war zone in Chicago where black people are slaughtering each other every week.

White people always ask this question.

Have you tried to learn why black people are killing other black people in Chicago? Have you tried to read and study up on it?

Or do you just trot this out whenever a discussion about racism comes up?

Have you tried to learn why black people are killing other black people in Chicago? Have you tried to read and study up on it?

I think racism is a factor, like I said. If you’re trying to deflect all responsibility of black crime on racism and not taking any ownership of the problem though, then it will never ever change. Both black and white people need to look inside themselves and take accountability. Its sad if you can’t see that because the result will be nothing will change

I think racism is a factor, like I said. If you’re trying to deflect all responsibility of black crime on racism and not taking any ownership of the problem though, then it will never ever change. Both black and white people need to look inside themselves and take accountability. Its sad if you can’t see that because the result will be nothing will change

It isn't up to black people to meet white people halfway on this. Maybe we should include white-on-white crime statistics? Might give some perspective, I dunno.

Personal responsibility and external factors can both exist and play a role at the same time.

Personal responsibility and external factors can both exist and play a role at the same time.

i agree. Maybe we’re saying the same thing. I stand against racism wholeheartedly. I also
Stand with our police, of which the vast, vast majority are trying to do the right thing. This isn’t just a racism problem, there needs to be accountability on all sides to make any real progress. That’s my only point. I think it sucks that instead of talking about all of these underlying problems, people attack someone like Drew who has done more good for black people than most others combined.

I think you've got it backwards. It's 6% of the population mailing up 44% of the people killed by cops, not who kill cops. That's what he was saying without citing any source.

ETA: At least get your facts straight. America has nearly 13% black population. Don't know why you felt the need to cut it in half other than to make them as a race look even worse than you're trying to.
No, you’ve got it wrong. He said black males make up 6% of the population, which sounds accurate, and they kill 42% of the police officers killed in this country. Put another way, a police officer is 18 1/2 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer. https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/06/the-institutional-racism-canard/

But I know the narrative that the police are going around killing blacks is more provocative, so let’s just go with it despite what the statistics show.

MJ’s little crying job was so ridiculous. We don’t have to worry about him leaving football to be an actor. I was laughing my butt off.
My football concern would be his re-union with Dennis Allen at his age means regression.

Exactly.
Also, most RED states and cities rank at the bottom for standards of living, healthcare and education. Yet, it’s never truly questioned why those folks keep voting the same and not requiring more from their elected officials. It’s never asked why affluent White people aren’t doing more to battle abject poverty and drug abuse in areas like Appalachia and other sparsely populated places.

“What about Chicago?” is a lazy and disingenuous retort to keep those types from directly addressing the issue of systemic racism and police brutality, which has plagued this country for centuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom