Cutting Cable Advice (1 Viewer)

saintjay

All-Pro
Reaction score
I moved and decided to go ahead and do away with cable. I have a fire stick and have access to Disney plus for the grands. I need some advice: How do I watch college football, and mainly the Saints? What do I need to purchase to achieve that?

Have you thought about or tried YouTube TV or Fubo? Both are about $65/mth and have most channels. The biggest minus on Fubo is that there are no Turner channels(only big loss on that for me would be come NCAA tournament time or NBA playoff time no TNT). Fubo does have all of the ESPN channels, FS1, NFL Network, MLB Network, NHL network, and NBA Network, as well as AT&T SportsNet for Astros games. It is more sports oriented I guess than YouTube. We tried them both when we told Spectrum to take a hike after their last price hike. Really the biggest difference for us was AT&T SportsNet on Fubo since I'm an Astros fan. I wanted to be able to watch the games. Other than those two along with Sling, I don't know of any other options. Of course there are other less reputable ways to get the games, but I'm not sure if that is frowned upon here so I won't mention those. Good luck. We cut the cable cord over a couple of years ago and don't regret it at all.

I moved and decided to go ahead and do away with cable. I have a fire stick and have access to Disney plus for the grands. I need some advice: How do I watch college football, and mainly the Saints? What do I need to purchase to achieve that?
I use SlingTV, get both the Orange and Blue packages, then turn it off after the NFL Draft.

I thought I might add a little insight here since a lot of people are thinking about doing away with satelite/cable. I cut the cord about a year ago when I got laid off just to cut my expenses. Now, I pay about $20 a month on various streaming services and use an OTA antenna for the local channels. Sure, I don't get ESPN or NFLN, but I have yet to miss a football game because of it. That may change this year or next, but I'll figure something out, especially with some of the apps and live streaming found elsewhere such as YT.
What makes it convenient is that I can cast programs to my big screen tv and watch there, but you need a smart tv for this. If you are going to cut the cord, having a smart tv is almost a must, unless you want to watch stuff on your laptop/pc/phone.

There is an abundance of good info on the internet about cutting the cord. I like to watch Antenna Man, as he is pretty knowledgeable and keeps up with the current news on that front. There is also a guy with a channel on YT called Northcoaster Hobby that shows how to get free satelite. Until recently it was possible to stream local channels using Locast, but they lost a court battle and are now suspended pending an appeal. This is a good video that explains it and gives other options....

I use a Tablo OTA DVR, but if I had to do it over again, I would get the AirTV 2. It looks to be a much more versatile DVR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom