Cutting the cable, lets talk options and media setups (2 Viewers)

Just an FYI to CBS All Access subscribers in the Lafayette area! I can now see KLFY on the iphone app and sling it to my Nvidia shield. The strange thing is that the app on my Shield still says the local channel is not available. Also, it's kinda strange what it plays on the app. For example, it played the KLFY news then would not stream Wheel of Fortune but then allowed me to stream NCIS. I'm assuming you can only stream CBS content and not "syndicated" shows?. Hope this helps someone!

I finally cut my cable and set up Covenant on Kodi as well. I thought I was in with the hip crowd now until I came to post this and see that you all are already speaking a new form of Greek. :(

Just an FYI to CBS All Access subscribers in the Lafayette area! I can now see KLFY on the iphone app and sling it to my Nvidia shield. The strange thing is that the app on my Shield still says the local channel is not available. Also, it's kinda strange what it plays on the app. For example, it played the KLFY news then would not stream Wheel of Fortune but then allowed me to stream NCIS. I'm assuming you can only stream CBS content and not "syndicated" shows?. Hope this helps someone!

Or you you can just get an antenna at walmart for under $20 and switch from HDMI to TV on your TV remote.

I refuse... REFUSE... to pay for CBS All Access and it would be the same case if NBC, FOX, or ABC did the same thing. It just won't happen.

Or you you can just get an antenna at walmart for under $20 and switch from HDMI to TV on your TV remote.

I agree but I already have. CBS, amazingly enough, is the one channel that has poor reception. Also, the wife has to have Big Brother so it is what it is.:idunno:

I refuse... REFUSE... to pay for CBS All Access and it would be the same case if NBC, FOX, or ABC did the same thing. It just won't happen.

I totally understand. Hopefully as some of these streaming services get more content, we can get rid of CBS All Access but the wife has to have it right now.

I agree but I already have. CBS, amazingly enough, is the one channel that has poor reception. Also, the wife has to have Big Brother so it is what it is.:idunno:

Yea, I have hold the damn antenna old school little brother style to get CBS to come through.

Sounds like you have some interference.You may need to get an antenna amplifier. That may solve the problem. WWL TV(CBS NOLA) generally has a pretty strong signal.

Sounds like you have some interference.You may need to get an antenna amplifier. That may solve the problem. WWL TV(CBS NOLA) generally has a pretty strong signal.

KLFY is in Lafayette, we are in Lafayette Parish. KLFY's signal shouldn't be so weak within 15 miles right?

I'm in Zachary just north of BR with a Mohu 50 and get poor reception on CBS. Plenty of times, I'll just watch the WAFB broadcast on Vue if it's that important.

Not sure if CBS uses Youtube.

My only concern is when the Saints play on CBS. Other than that I don't watch regular tv besides what is put on Hulu and netflix. I'll be holding the antenna for those games..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom