Cutting the cable, lets talk options and media setups (3 Viewers)

what sort of HD Antenna should i buy? i'm lost and cut cable. just want the antenna for fox/cbs for football...

Has anybody used a location spoofer so that they could watch the Saints on YouTubeTV, Directv Now, SlingTV, etc.?

The service that I was using for sports died. I'm going to use MLB At Bat and spoof my location for baseball. I get it free with my TMobile service.

Football is a different story. My local team is the Bears. No thanks. I'd prefer to subscribe to a streaming service and spoof my location.

Pluto TV not that bad. Some on the News stations is on a delay but has some pretty cool old school movie channels.

Also on digital antenna Qwest TV was added which is owned by Discovery Net. Pretty much a best of Discovery shows.

Sling still $19.99 for basic . Hopefully this does not change. They added NBA TV&League Pass.

Looks like Vue now has all local stations. The only one missing the past few months was Fox 8. It's there now.

I sure wish they would get all local stations for Baton Rouge. Hopefully since New Orleans is getting them, BR won't be far behind. Right now we just have CBS (channel 9). I have an Antenna, but I'd be nice to have them all on one guide.

what sort of HD Antenna should i buy? i'm lost and cut cable. just want the antenna for fox/cbs for football...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017JEF126/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have bought 2 of these, one for me and one for my dad.
I live in Gonzales and he lives in Maurepas (Livingston Parish)
I pick up 24 local Baton Rouge Channels.
My dad picks up 30 Local Channels, some from Baton Rouge, Some from New Orleans, since he lives halfway between the 2.
It comes with the Antenna and Signal Amplifier.
It does not come with pole, so you would have to supply your own.
I highly recommend it, especially for the price. I have had mine for 2 years now and its held up. Its not heavy duty, mostly plastic, but works great.

Edit: I have both installed up pretty high, 20 - 30 foot up, so just putting it outside your window or below your house level, you may not get a very good signal.

Attachments

• 71HhRMR1e6L__SX450_.jpg
    71HhRMR1e6L__SX450_.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 29
Anybody have any experience with a hacked Amazon fire stick? A buddy dropped by with one the other day and it gives you all the TV/movie options for free, with a few extras. Any pros/cons?

Anybody have any experience with a hacked Amazon fire stick? A buddy dropped by with one the other day and it gives you all the TV/movie options for free, with a few extras. Any pros/cons?

The Firesticks are running software called Kodi. Kodi is a media center like software that lets you customize a lot of things ... including where your video content is sourced from. You can install Kodi on basically any compute device (PC, laptop, etc).

How to Install KODI on Amazon Fire TV / Stick

After looking at the link T.P. provided, I decided to check out those options.
https://www.suppose.tv/tv?m=50&f=1l...22!118!115!123!392l250l50l1l0lll1&r=Hynk0U50W

I am doing the trial for Youtube TV and Philo.
I think its pretty good, but the live guide is not as good as I had hoped it would be.
Using a Roku streaming stick.
I recently canceled Dish Network and switched to YouTube TV and Philo. I have every channel I need and it's only $56 for both. The guide works great for me on Youtube TV, but I'm using the Roku Ultra. I did the trial for Direct Tv Now, but I didn't like the setup and the limited DVR.

I recently canceled Dish Network and switched to YouTube TV and Philo. I have every channel I need and it's only $56 for both. The guide works great for me on Youtube TV, but I'm using the Roku Ultra. I did the trial for Direct Tv Now, but I didn't like the setup and the limited DVR.

Youtube TV is awesome. Just wish they had it on firestick or fire tv. That’s a deal breaker for me.

Youtube TV is awesome. Just wish they had it on firestick or fire tv. That’s a deal breaker for me.
In my opinion, YouTube TV is definitely worth upgrading to a Roku player especially the Ultra.

Amazon product ASIN B017JEF126

I have bought 2 of these, one for me and one for my dad.
I live in Gonzales and he lives in Maurepas (Livingston Parish)
I pick up 24 local Baton Rouge Channels.
My dad picks up 30 Local Channels, some from Baton Rouge, Some from New Orleans, since he lives halfway between the 2.
It comes with the Antenna and Signal Amplifier.
It does not come with pole, so you would have to supply your own.
I highly recommend it, especially for the price. I have had mine for 2 years now and its held up. Its not heavy duty, mostly plastic, but works great.

Edit: I have both installed up pretty high, 20 - 30 foot up, so just putting it outside your window or below your house level, you may not get a very good signal.

i have 2 of these, one in the attic connected to one tv, i mounted another on a tripod atop roof which has it 5 ft above the roof - i get the same channels on both though the one on the roof will occasionally pickup a few more stations on some days if i re-scan - the "quality" of the stations content wise of those stations doesnt make it worth the extra scan

i had one go out (wouldn't turn and the "boost" didn't work the LED on the antenna wouldn't light")

i do have a 2 story apt complex between my house and the direction of the sources im aiming

i have a friend a few miles away, he does not have any obstruction, his is about 12 feet above the roof line - he picks up , depending on conditions, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette and occasionally Houston

the one thing we have questioned about the design of these thinks it the face all metal components attach to plastic frame and would seem to not have any affect on the operation

but overall works great especially for the price -

If you hook up your HD antenna to the splitter that runs to every room in the house, such as the one DirecTV used to be attached too, you only need one antenna.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom