Cyber Monday - need a new tv (1 Viewer)

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
Has anyone heard of any particularly good deals for Cyber Monday? Within 12 hours, not one, but TWO of our tv's died. One is dead and gone (15 years old...owes no service), but the Sony HDTV is only 5 years old so we may repair it if it's worth it. If there's a great deal out there on Monday, I may go ahead and get another tv to replace the Sony, and fix the Sony to replace the old dead tv. I'm looking at 42" tv's, and can't spend a lot since we still need to pay for repairs on our garage door (not a good month for things breaking around here...don't ask). Anyway, if anyone can recommend good cyber Monday deals for me, post them here! :)

Best Buy has and Insignia(store brand) Plasma 42" for $369 and a Panasonic 42"plasma for $499...If not Sam's has a 1080p vizio plasma for $469(i think), all with free shipping:9: ...I am quoting plasmas because I too will be buying one on cyber monday

Walmart had this Emerson 42" for $398.00 online Friday morning. I got myself two of them, one for my son and one to put in my bedroom. They are online right now for $499.00 but seem to be out of stock. Not the best TV in the world but for a bedroom to fall asleep to, I could not pass it up, even though I despise Walmart. I am weak. :covri:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=15174746#Specifications

CyberMonday should have some good deals. I would check the Sunday paper.

I have an Emerson for the bedroom. Its not bad but the sound doesnt even hold a candle to my 4 year old Samsung. If youre gonna use the TV sound in the living room it is something to consider when buying a TV along with the picture.

I'm really looking at LCD tvs, vs. plasma. There's a Philips 42" at Walmart that intrigues me; it's a refurb for $499 with free ship-to-store. All the reviews are 5-star. But it's not a cyber monday special, so I'm hoping to find a better deal before the end of the day tomorrow. :)

How much can you spend?

keep up with www.slickdeals.net Both the main deals in the center of the page and up and coming deals and hot topics over on the right.

Go with the LSD.. Plasma days are probably numbered

The picture on plasma is better and will likely always have a market, but for the average viewer it is not a good fit due to burn in.

The picture on plasma is better and will likely always have a market, but for the average viewer it is not a good fit due to burn in.
Plasmas don't suffer burn in nowadays like they did 5 years ago.

Russ -recent plasma convert

Plasmas don't suffer burn in nowadays like they did 5 years ago.

Russ -recent plasma convert

Is that true if you are buying a low end model? From what I've read, those tend to have less tech resulting in quicker burn in. And no matter how much tech, it will burn in if you aren't careful. I don't want that worry as I have kids who are not reliable in those situations.

At any rate, the heat produced by the plasma is enough to make the lcd my choice.

Go for plasma and panasonic. Do a little research to verify that advice. I think you will see why many people are buying plasmas now instead of lcds or leds

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom