Cyberpunk 2077 (1 Viewer)

So, what life paths did you choose?

I'm flipping a coin between nomad and corpo.

My first character is a Nomad techie. I plan to later do a Street Kid Fighter, and a Corpo Netrunner

Ray tracing on. There's a few videos on it but here's a brief article.

That was a near top of the line system too. I'd say that the Ryzen R9 5950x with a RTX 3090 is the only thing that will beat it, and not by much.

At that resolution, the game is GPU bound, so a CPU will have a negligible effect on the frame rate.

2080ti could only run Minecraft RTX at 4k without DLSS at 22fps.

3090 claimed 8k gaming, but that's only really true with DLSS turned on.

Make a better video card, and developers will make a more challenging game. Possibly because of poorly optimized code, like with Crysis.

So, what life paths did you choose?

I'm flipping a coin between nomad and corpo.

I went with nomad for the first playthrough

i assume you’re playing on ps4? How’s that going?

I went with nomad for the first playthrough

i assume you’re playing on ps4? How’s that going?
I haven't gotten very far. Only got to the shooting/hacking demo.

Shooting feels mushy and over shoots the aim.

The graphics look like they're set to medium. You can tell they built the game for next gen. So, I'll have to enjoy it on the PS5 down the road... I'll need to play more today to give it a fair shake.

How do you like it on PS5?

I made my corpo a bit balanced. Added a bit to all, then extra to strength, tech.

I haven't gotten very far. Only got to the shooting/hacking demo.

Shooting feels mushy and over shoots the aim.

The graphics look like they're set to medium. You can tell they built the game for next gen. So, I'll have to enjoy it on the PS5 down the road... I'll need to play more today to give it a fair shake.

How do you like it on PS5?

it runs fine....i have seen some weird bugs like you see in Fallout 4 but nothing game breaking....the biggest problem is that it crashes once every couple of hours...i just keep quick saving just in case

At that resolution, the game is GPU bound, so a CPU will have a negligible effect on the frame rate.

2080ti could only run Minecraft RTX at 4k without DLSS at 22fps.

3090 claimed 8k gaming, but that's only really true with DLSS turned on.

Make a better video card, and developers will make a more challenging game. Possibly because of poorly optimized code, like with Crysis.

Awesome find - I'm going to try this out

Still, games typically don't see large gains from CPU changes at high resolutions because the bottleneck is the GPU. This is why benchmarks for comparing CPUs are run in 1080 using the fastest GPUs available.

Edit: Tested prior to modification. Seems to be making use of all of my logical cores. Maybe it doesn't recognize the Zen3 CPUs, so it doesn't leverage SMT.

The first CPU spike is launching the game, the second spike is loading the save game (note the corresponding spikes in SSD activity), running around a little bit, dying, and exiting the game.

1607838478322.png

This is after the edit - The CPU usage does look a little more consistent. The dip is when I paused the game.

1607839998496.png

Last edited:
it runs fine....i have seen some weird bugs like you see in Fallout 4 but nothing game breaking....the biggest problem is that it crashes once every couple of hours...i just keep quick saving just in case
No crashes on PS4. Valhalla has a bit for me.

I think turning off the film grain effect makes it look better. Still some jaggedness with hair and such. Probably due to being made for UHD vs HD.

Shadows are a bit glitchy at times.

Cross between GTA and Deus Ex in terms of game play.

I did a lot of camera hacking to get out of the food factory, called it a morning when I got to the boss.
I jumped into one camera that let me hack the next camera, and the next camera, etc. Tagged all the enemies. Was much easier than just rushing in with guns blazing like I did the first time, because I kept getting ignited and ultimately murdered that way.

I did a lot of camera hacking to get out of the food factory, called it a morning when I got to the boss.
I jumped into one camera that let me hack the next camera, and the next camera, etc. Tagged all the enemies. Was much easier than just rushing in with guns blazing like I did the first time, because I kept getting ignited and ultimately murdered that way.
Fighting in or out?

I took a very different approach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom