Cynthia Frelund has us winning the NFCS by the skin of our teeth. (1 Viewer)

NFL Network Analyst. She has a deep mathematical model on every team in the NFL.

Over the last few years her model has pretty much beat all the picks for all the analysts on NFL network. It's amusing because it always pops up funky scores like 25-22 for most games. So the 8.9 games is the predictive number of games it thinks the Saints will win in 2023 based on her current simulations.

SFIAH
thanks for sharing!

her math had us winning the Super Bowl in 2020 (and i think 2018). If only...

This team better win at least 10 games with the talent we have. Again baring a rediculous injury count.

I think she is correct. Going week by week they both have soft schedules with a few tough opponents each. The league gave us byes in the same week and we meet the week after in Atlanta for a pivotal matchup. Then we both have a series of soft opponents (ours is a little tougher because of a Sun-Thurs game). Then we meet for the rubber match in NOLA for week 18. It’s going to come down to that game. I agree with Cynthia, we will win it by the skin of our teeth.

Before the NFL Network, Frelund's background was in the financial industry IIRC so I'm fairly certain she isn't just a pretty face hired to regurgitate someone else's analysis. Data analysis and modeling has been her career.

I personally don't really pay that much attention to all these projections. Too many overhyped blowhards who are making picks that are almost entirely subjective due to their own biases and opinions and somehow getting paid a ton of money to do it while being wrong 3 out of every 4 picks.

Someone like Frelund is actually more credible in my book because she's at least using actual data to support her theories.

Before the NFL Network, Frelund's background was in the financial industry IIRC so I'm fairly certain she isn't just a pretty face hired to regurgitate someone else's analysis. Data analysis and modeling has been her career.

I personally don't really pay that much attention to all these projections. Too many overhyped blowhards who are making picks that are almost entirely subjective due to their own biases and opinions and somehow getting paid a ton of money to do it while being wrong 3 out of every 4 picks.

Someone like Frelund is actually more credible in my book because she's at least using actual data to support her theories.
Exactly and this is something that I've been saying. We can be optimistic but to flat out dismiss the moves that other teams have made is crazy. I'm happy with the moves that we made but when you look at coaching staff, who is the best in the NFC South? The Panthers. Who built their coaching staff around developing a QB? The Panthers. Who got the freaking #1 draft pick and picked what some said was the best QB of the draft? THE FREAKING PANTHERS. So they are the team that I'm looking the hardest at as the dark horse of the NFC South but it seems like we are just dismissing them. And if we are talking about NFC in a whole, many are overlooking the Seahawks and what they have done. My gut say that we will go 10-7 but time will tell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom