D’Ernest Johnson anyone? (1 Viewer)

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
There is speculation that in spite of signing Johnson to a new deal, he could be the odd man out in Cleveland.

With Chubb, Hunt and the rookie they drafted, D’Ernest is a luxury for them.

Maybe he’d be a good guy to bring in. Young enough, had a reasonable amount of success in the chances he’s been given.

The Saints are set up to have a nice season. With Kamara possibly facing a suspension, Ingram being older and no sure things behind him, I think a guy like Johnson would be a good acquisition.

Here is an ESPN story that mentions Johnson possibly being available for trade.

Sorry it’s an article behind a paywall. Here is the paragraph that mentions Johnson…

“Despite recently signing a one-year deal, D’Ernest Johnson could actually be the odd-man out in the backfield. Johnson has proven to be a quality back, but with the Browns drafting Ford and Felton the past two years -- and Chubb and Hunt commanding the bulk of the carries -- Johnson could be a prime training camp trade candidate.”

I saw this yesterday on Rotoworld too. I picked him up in Fantasy when Chubb was hurt. He only had like 3 games where he got double digit carries. 19,22, and 25. and his yds were 99, 146 and 123. He caught a few balls too. I'd take a flier on him

He killed it when he got his chances at a clip of 5.3 yards a carry.

Any team needing a RB is watching the Browns RB situation with interest.....

If I were GM I would let let go Hunt. Johnson is cheaper and effective. When Hunt has stepped in for injured Chubb, he really doesn't have good games.
Only games Hunt does well is when he is the second punch combine with Chubb. So depending on his price, I would have no problem if the Saints brought in Johnson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom