D. Hall Deal Done--Falcons now have 4 of the first 48 picks in the draft. (merged) (2 Viewers)

wbbigtymer

Whodie I'm a Saints fan
Reaction score
DEANGELO DEAL DONE
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 18, 2008, 2:19 p.m.

Steve Wyche of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that the much-anticipated Falcons-Raiders trade for cornerback DeAngelo Hall is essentially done.

The teams had already agreed that Atlanta would receive Oakland’s second- and sixth-round picks in the NFL draft, but the holdup had been whether the Raiders and Hall could reach an agreement on a long-term contract extension. Hall tells Wyche that the deal will get done.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/18/deangelo-deal-done/

Hey, ATL needs all the picks they can get. They may come out of this looking good. Maybe not playing good right now, but looking good none the less.

WOW...They are in good shape. They could either add a bunch of playmakers or use their round 1 pick to fill their need at DT and then use their 2nd rounders to move back into the 1st and get a QB like Flacco or Brohm.

WOW...They are in good shape. They could either add a bunch of playmakers or use their round 1 pick to fill their need at DT and then use their 2nd rounders to move back into the 1st and get a QB like Flacco or Brohm.

they need more picks than that to get better. they will probably pick a few bust players anyways. i'm not too worried.....

This is an interesting trade for both teams.

The raiders live and die by man coverage, with Asomugha, Hall and Washington they can now focus on designing a defense based in pressure. They will also gamble in the cap by having two of the best paid corners on the roster.

Atlanta has many needs, but the trade gives them flexibility to build for the future. Since I think that no QB is a sure thing, the falcons now can use the third pick of the draft to build either the offensive or defensive line for the future. The extra picks can allow them to trade up for Brohm if they think he is their player, and if not wait and take Henne or Flacco, and at the same time address needs at cornerback and the lines.

Good move for both of them, of course it is a gamble but well worth it if you consider the team needs.

Well, I'm wondering what I would have thought had we made that trade with them. We could have shot for Ellis, Dorsey, Rivers, Clady, etc. in the first. Basically used our second on Hall. Then our 6th, just assume it was a bust that got cut. I wouldn't have been all that upset with that trade actually. I think the Raiders made out well.

WOW!!!, they're going to be tough to play, if we don't have major upgrades on defense, we might only split with them this year.

I dont know about that...Maybe they'll be tough to beat in like 2010 but I dont see this move making them better for the 2008 season. If anything, I think it guarantees they'll have a rookie behind center which is usually the recipe for a 5-11 type season.

Yeah I don't know about them being tough this year either. Turning over the whole roster, having a lot of rookies, etc. Definitely setting them up to be a solid team in 2 or so years once these guys all start to get some good real NFL experience. I'm not looking forward to the 2010 or 2011 Falcons, but for now I'm still not that worried.

NFL.com is reporting that talks between the Raiders and Falcon's have stalled, and the trade for D. Hall is unlikely. At least that's what's on their page as of this posting....

it wasnt that long ago we cleaned house and looked what happen to us . . .

Hey, ATL needs all the picks they can get. They may come out of this looking good. Maybe not playing good right now, but looking good none the less.

Agreed, I like watching teams rebuild, regardless if i'm a fan of them or not.

Well that makes me definetly think they'll pick Dorsey or Ellis now. :mad:

they just lost a cb named Hall....can they replace him with the draft choice they received? they might be worse for thisw trade, not better

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom