D. Hall Deal Done--Falcons now have 4 of the first 48 picks in the draft. (merged) (1 Viewer)

I thought last season when the Broncos got Dre' Bly that was going to the best tandem in the league. Now the raiders have the best CB tandem in the league. Thats just insane. They have two very good and very young corners now. In fact, IMO, they have two of the top 5 CBs in the league, at least for one season.

think the Raiders are going to deal ashimongovia( whatever his name is) now? Are'nt they in the same boat the falcons were just in, trade him for something now or lose him next year and get nothing? I could be wrong but thought i read that somewhere

If it only cost a 2nd and a 6th this year, we should have made that deal!

Atlanta would be awful! They have Turner and Brooking as their only really good players on the entire team. A few, if not all, of their picks should turn out to be busts, just playing the odds. This makes them far worse. They have no talent.

all of those picks will put the falcons in a tough spot with the cap though

Atlanta is doing this right. If they draft smartly and establish some good team chemistry, they could very dangerous in only a couple of years.

Not A Chance

I really doubt that Atlanta would have traded Hall to us at all, unless we gave up significantly more than Oakland is willing to, like our number one this year and something else to sweeten the pot. Not a lot of trades happen between teams in the same division with a player of Hall's caliber.

Hall isn't worth the number 10 overall pick, IMO. I don't like his attitude and he isn't as good of a CB as he thinks he is.

That being said, I was suspicious of McKenzie when we traded for him........Oops.

If it only cost a 2nd and a 6th this year, we should have made that deal!

We could have given them a 2nd and a 4th and they wouldn't take it. Unless it's a lopsided trade that's favor them heavily, I don't think they are desperate enough to trade their best player to a divisional rival knowing that the position is a major weakness.

I've been considering the pros and cons of this deal:

Pro: No more asinine speculation that our biggest rival might trade their best player to us.
Con: More asinine speculation that the Raiders might trade Asomugha to us.

I think it's a good move for both teams.

As for Hall, he goes from one bad to team to another.

We could have given them a 2nd and a 4th and they wouldn't take it. Unless it's a lopsided trade that's favor them heavily, I don't think they are desperate enough to trade their best player to a divisional rival knowing that the position is a major weakness.

Yea but it would be awesomely duplicitous if we were to now offer something like a 2nd and 4th to the Raiders for the rights to Hall and his new contract--once this thing is legally a done deal, of course. We could afford it and it would immediately put us closer to being a contender next year. And we could still potentially draft a new starting DT and TE with our remaining picks (1st and 3rd being the most important).

Now they can get Matt Ryan or another suspected franchise QB or Jake Long in the first and someone like Flacco in the 2nd and get legit defensive playmakers and maybe throw in a solid #2 WR aside Roddy White in the 2nd round and Falclowns could be a team to reckon with in 3 or 4 years

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom