D. Henderson (1 Viewer)

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
Was anyone shocked that we resigned D. Henderson.
i really expected he would not be resigned and would be released.

south, he really isn't that bad. And as cliche as it sounds he does look good with a All-Pro QB in Drew Brees. I mean seriously Brees can make a lot of mediocre WR's look decent, especially with our mini run and shoot experiment this past season.

i guess im just down on the guy for some reason... i guess as a 3rd receiver he is ok... i cant see him as a 2.

I would prefer him not on the team. People now are saying "oh maybe with another year he'll improve" but that's been the same song every year since he's been drafted.

Just because he was re-signed doesn't mean he's going to make the team, however.

I know he's had his drops , but how many times did we see him go LONG, and receive a bomb from Drew Brees.. some of the most exciting stuff. Seems like he had as many HOLY COW plays as @##$@$ plays :ezbill:

Hope to see some more of those deep receptions from him. :9:

I'm not one to second guess personnel moves, but I was also surprised by the resign. At least early in the season, Devery was directly responsible for negative game swings -the first Carolina game in particular. My patience meter had run out. Hopefully, he gets it turned around and repays the Saints patience.

I don't mind the resigning as it gives us some flexibility in the later rounds of the draft. Also, let's not forget it's only a one year deal. While Henderson does have the dropsies.....his stats don't lie. He had the highest YPC with the fewest catches in the NFL two years ago. He's still young and could be a team's #2 who is hurting for a WR.

Now, does this signing mean Henderson is going to be on the team this coming season....NOPE. With the amount he was signed for and his stats, don't be upset if he were packaged with a pick to move up in this coming draft....say for Ellis or Dorsey.

Not saying it is going to happen, but with all the signings in the last 48 hours it looks like we are priming ourselves to move up in the draft for the coveted DT and since we have no fourth rounder, Henderson's value would be about the same and at a cheap price for another team to MAYBE accept him as part of the package. If no trade happens, I look for us to go BPA (LB or CB) with the first pick and try to use our 5th and Henderson as bait to move back into the fourth for an offensive talent.

Same song and dance maybe, but these young receivers often DO get better with experience. I don't have a problem with his re-signing. It's not like the Saints broke the bank to get it done.

Low risk signing. If it was a multi year deal, I would be upset. I think its more of an insurance policy against Meachem...

Same song and dance maybe, but these young receivers often DO get better with experience. I don't have a problem with his re-signing. It's not like the Saints broke the bank to get it done.
Exactly. He was signed I bet for the veteran minimum. He doesn't have off-the-field issues and is in the system another season. he has proven to be a reliable 3rd option in the past.

What does his re-signing hurt?

Worst case scenario: Devery gets cut in training camp.
Best case scenario: Devery averages 20 ypc and keep defenses honest.

i love henderson he always seems to be open. if he can find a way to catch he can be a 1500 yard reciever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom