D.K. Metcalf: Boom or Bust? (Old thread bumped) (1 Viewer)

Buy. Film speaks for itself.

Deuce: If you would, please do a film study on this dude. As you usually do, address the good, bad & ugly.

Some cite the fact that D.K. didn't lead his team in receiving stats. Hello?!?!?!?! Do they realize that AK41 didn't lead his team at Tennessee?

The bottom line: Let us know why you would "BUY."

There are very few you whiff & miss on. Several say he's not fluid enough to make it.

Thanks, Rev.

:gosaints:

Bust, but who knows. All i know AJ Brown was top WR at Ole Miss not DK Metcalf. Greedy shut Metcalf down the LSU/Ole Miss game. The tape dont lie.

Deuce: If you would, please do a film study on this dude. As you usually do, address the good, bad & ugly.

Some cite the fact that D.K. didn't lead his team in receiving stats. Hello?!?!?!?! Do they realize that AK41 didn't lead his team at Tennessee?

The bottom line: Let us know why you would "BUY."

There are very few you whiff & miss on. Several say he's not fluid enough to make it.

Thanks, Rev.

:gosaints:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190325-150014_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190325-150014_Drive.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 28
Metcalf wasnt that huge in his own offense, i see 650 and 550 yards with 7/5tds. I see a reciever that couldnt be the 1 in college and has crazy lackluster routes. He,s gonna get locked up in the NFL in my opinion, until he improves/
You have to look at the whole offense. He was competing for catches with A. J. Brown,DeMarkus Lodge and Scottie Phillips out of the backfield. I have never said he will be a number 1 wr. I just don’t think he will be a bust.

You have to look at the whole offense. He was competing for catches with A. J. Brown,DeMarkus Lodge and Scottie Phillips out of the backfield. I have never said he will be a number 1 wr. I just don’t think he will be a bust.
But on the flip side he is being projected first round. Do you not expect a WR1 in that round? I think if you look at his play in a vacumn its very good but at a cost analysis I say nay.

But on the flip side he is being projected first round. Do you not expect a WR1 in that round? I think if you look at his play in a vacumn its very good but at a cost analysis I say nay.
No he’s not a first round pick. I would definitely take a look at him in round 2.

I see you drank the Kool aid.

I just don't see it. Not even close to a complete player. The lack of hands, can't get off the line in press, route tree only has two branches, and can't stay on the field.

I know i do not pay the bills doing this but I know what I see.

Now that we’ve had some time to see Metcalf in the NFL I wonder how many would stick to their analysis of him as a #1 or a #2 wr? If we had him and CGM our offense would be more amazing than it already is.

He's great.

Like I said.

Stop getting enamored with obscure measurables like the 3 cone and use your eyes in the future. Metcalf was obviously a player at Ole Miss and had a great shot to become a good WR.

Don’t know how you look at a guy like that and confidently say he will be a bust.

Like I said.

Stop getting enamored with obscure measurables like the 3 cone and use your eyes in the future. Metcalf was obviously a player at Ole Miss and had a great shot to become a good WR.

Don’t know how you look at a guy like that and confidently say he will be a bust.
I think he got overlooked a little while playing at Ole Miss because he wasn’t the #1 wr there at the time. A.J. Brown is a good wr in the NFL and he was ahead of Metcalf in college. With the wr’s they had in college I’m surprised they didn’t win more games.

I love what Lockett said. “When the game is over. I shower and head out (to the club) and DK is headed to the gym to workout. Effing dedication right there. As I guy who does all of his chores/errands in the am, works for 10-11 hours, and goes to the gym right after......I greatly admire that in a player.

I think he got overlooked a little while playing at Ole Miss because he wasn’t the #1 wr there at the time. A.J. Brown is a good wr in the NFL and he was ahead of Metcalf in college. With the wr’s they had in college I’m surprised they didn’t win more games.

He was only second fiddle at Ole Miss because he was hurt most of the time. That and our QBs couldn't consistently get DK the ball when he actually was on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom