D seemed to have the edge in camp (1 Viewer)

Ihartsaints

Very Banned
Reaction score
What limited reporting we got to see seemed to give the practice edge to the defense. I think this bodes well for the season. The Offense is not in doubt and it has been our defense that could not seem to seal the deal in the fourth quarter of the important games.

It just feels different this season. Am I alone thinking this?

What limited reporting we got to see seemed to give the practice edge to the defense. I think this bodes well for the season. The Offense is not in doubt and it has been our defense that could not seem to seal the deal in the fourth quarter of the important games.

Well you may be wrong about that.

Read my post in this thread.

I think you’re right that the defense seemed to win more this year, but that may be more related to no preseason games to re-sync the offense. The offense relies more on being synchronized than the defense. I think it is likely that our offense will start the season more sluggish. I think running teams will have more success early on. That’s just a guess, but in reality everything is different, so it is harder to compare to past camps.

Hard to gauge based on limited reports from training camp. Sadly, I expect a slow start on defense, as that has been the trend the past 3 or 4 years. Would be lovely to start fast and have a dominant game right off the bat. I just hope we improve overall. We should be top 10 easily with the talent we have. The offense also needs to start faster. Years back, we almost always used to score on our first drive. Whatever happens, I just hope everyone is on top of their game. We’ve got this.

To be fair though, the defense the last 3-4 years has consistently edged out the offense in camp.

In saying that, I do still share your optimism. There should be no reason why this defense can't be at the least a Top 10 ranked squad at the end of it

Defense has played great last 3 to 4 years, the only issue is it falters at the end of games and important games like in the playoffs. If they can fix this, they'll be great. Some of it is the prevent D, Allen really needs to stop that. Seriously. He needs to come up w/ better game plays and plans for the end of games and when they're in the playoffs.

Defense has played great last 3 to 4 years, the only issue is it falters at the end of games and important games like in the playoffs. If they can fix this, they'll be great. Some of it is the prevent D, Allen really needs to stop that. Seriously. He needs to come up w/ better game plays and plans for the end of games and when they're in the playoffs.
i have said before and still stand by this... I trust our defense to make a stop on 4th and 1 or 4th and 2 10 times out of 10, but 4th and 15? I cringe, expect the worst and just chuckle at this point when we crap the bed in big situations (long down and distance)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom