Da Bears hate the Cold! (1 Viewer)

jaf 65

Reaction score
Guy's all this talk about how the weather will effect our Saints are unfounded!
If the weather is as bad as they say it will be both the Saints & the Bears will have to play in it!
The Bears have not played in this type of weather all year as well so my take is BOTH teams will have to tough it out!
:lit-journal-18392:

Really?

I hate to burst your bubble, but.....

The BEARS have been practicing OUTSIDE for weeks now.

Unlike, the SAINTS:

Saints Say They'll be Ready for Weather

Thursday, January 18, 2007

METAIRIE, La. (AP) -- New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton has shown little concern over how his players will adapt to the weather in Chicago during Sunday's NFC championship game.

Temperatures were in the 40s in New Orleans on Wednesday, on the cold side for this time of year.
But the Saints opted to train inside rather than outside on their grass practice fields.

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=43610

So.....exactly "how" is it, that your going to be "ready" for the weather?

Not that it should be that big of a factor, against a team as POWERFUL as the SAINTS.

But, if you aren't practicing "in" it....then you can't say that your "ready" for it.

....just my opinion.

Dear Sunday,

Please come quickly. We're losing it. Thanks.

The Bears players were whining and crying about how cold their practice was and hurried inside afterward faster than ever before :_rofl:

Guy's all this talk about how the weather will effect our Saints are unfounded!
If the weather is as bad as they say it will be both the Saints & the Bears will have to play in it!
The Bears have not played in this type of weather all year as well so my take is BOTH teams will have to tough it out!
:lit-journal-18392:

Thomas Jones has already said that he hopes that it's 5 degrees at gametime. And the defense definately wants cold weather.

I'm assuming Bearz-Guitarzan is a Bear's fan. That's pretty special! {mod edit - seek a higher level - no smack here}

Oh wellllllllllllllllllllllllll

Last edited by a moderator:
These guys are professionals. Huge strong men conditioned to play well in any situation.

Do you really think because the tempature drops to 30 degrees that the Saints playres are going to curl up in a ball and start shaking? Once you start playing adrenaline takes over. They won't even feel the cold while plays are going on.

The only real "homefield" advantage (actual stadium, not fans) is Denver, because the air is so thin.

Any one remember that Brees was the qb at Purdue? Did he have any problems w/ the weather back then?
Weather is "a state of mind." 20 degrees is the same for everyone, no matter how often you play in it. Go ask a construction worker or a garbage man who works in the elements all day long if weather is any easier to handle or harder no matter how often you're out in it.
Now, the only thing weather related the Saints, & the Bears for that matter, should worry about is a chewed up field. And that is outside of everyone's control

I'm assuming Bearz-Guitarzan is a Bear's fan. That's pretty special! EDITED

Oh wellllllllllllllllllllllllll

Now Now....Don't get testy.

I'm here as a friend, and a fan of the game. Not as a smack talking rival.

I believe this is going to be one helluva game! Both teams have some serious fire power!

This will be one for the books, imo!

Good Luck to your SAINTS!....And NO INJURIES!

And, may the best team truly win.

And, no matter what happens...may the NFC win the SUPER BOWL!!!!!

(I'm really tired of hearing just how GREAT the AFC is!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tired of hearing it from Bears fans as if it is to our advantage. I am one of the few Bears fans that feel it benefits the Saints type of game MORE.

Saints have solid running and great short passing game which is ideal for cold weather. We have a solid run game but our Short passing game isn't near what NO has. I also feel Grossman to Berrian is a great weapon against the NO secondary which will be slowed down with bad weather.

Defensively we depend on speed so a slick surface is bad for us especially defending short passing routes. Anyway, all the Bears homers assume poor weather always benefits the bears which is hog wash.

Really?

I hate to burst your bubble, but.....

The BEARS have been practicing OUTSIDE for weeks now.

Unlike, the SAINTS:

Saints Say They'll be Ready for Weather

Thursday, January 18, 2007

METAIRIE, La. (AP) -- New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton has shown little concern over how his players will adapt to the weather in Chicago during Sunday's NFC championship game.

Temperatures were in the 40s in New Orleans on Wednesday, on the cold side for this time of year.
But the Saints opted to train inside rather than outside on their grass practice fields.

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=43610

So.....exactly "how" is it, that your going to be "ready" for the weather?

Not that it should be that big of a factor, against a team as POWERFUL as the SAINTS.

But, if you aren't practicing "in" it....then you can't say that your "ready" for it.

....just my opinion.

It's been in the 30's all week down here. Also, Payton could just bring in A/C units to make the practice facility as cold as he wants....

Now Now....Don't get testy.

I'm here as a friend, and a fan of the game. Not as a smack talking rival.

I believe this is going to be one helluva game! Both teams have some serious fire power!

This will be one for the books, imo!

Good Luck to your SAINTS!....And NO INJURIES!

And, may the best team truly win.

And, no matter what happens...may the NFC win the SUPER BOWL!!!!!

(I'm really tired of hearing just how GREAT the AFC is!)

I have said all week that it will be a tough fight between two very good teams!
And yes to be honest even though I want my Saints to win, I would really love one of these two NFC tems to win the SB! I am also tired of hearing how great the AFC is!
We need an NFC champ fromthe SB!!! :bravo-applaudi-147:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom