DA [MOD EDIT] on the last drive in regulation... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Thinly veiled profanity
he changes the Dline call and only send 3 with 8 in coverage. We got no pressure with 3 after all game we had success with 4. Herbert completes the pass and sets up for the potential game tying FG. Of course he clanked it, but that's not the point.

I thought we sent 5 on that play and they got stone walled, but I might be wrong.

DA on a critical play is guaranteed to do something “clever.” Either rush 3, send 5 where the fifth is insanely obvious and picked up easily, or go cover 0.

The more critical the play the more likely rushing 3 or cover 0.

Didn’t we show cover 1 on the play? Did he really think he’d fool them into believing we were playing the sticks? It was a dumb call.

"8 in coverage and the wr was still open by 15 yards. That’s a busted coverage by the players, specifically the deep safeties."

True, but we've seen this pattern too often to lay it all at the feet of the players. Trends -- and there are many of them -- point to this reoccurring problem to be one of coaching and scheme.

So, yes the players are messing up, but ultimately this is a Dennis Allen problem.

What has happened to his creativity? Last year he sent a blitz with CGJ off the edge to give him a fourth rusher in the Cowboys game. Now no pressure and nothing exotic or nuanced. I don’t get it.

8 in coverage and the wr was still open by 15 yards. That’s a busted coverage by the players, specifically the deep safeties.
That's not the play.

Williams went up amongst 2 defenders who were draped all over him and he made one of the most impressive catches I've ever seen in that situation.

I mean.. Allen trusted his #1 all-pro corner to cover their best receiver 1 on 1. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for.

That's not the play.

Williams went up amongst 2 defenders who were draped all over him and he made one of the most impressive catches I've ever seen in that situation.

You're right. That play was an amazing individual effort and the pass rush coming up short ... by nanoseconds. Frustrating...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom