Da Raiders' Cap Position... RE: the Shockey story. (1 Viewer)

Rum

All-Pro
Reaction score
Da Raiders' Cap Position... RE: the Shockey story.

The Giants writer in commenting on the Shockey rumors, added this bit. Looks like da Raiders will have to be cutting some folks loose/trading some, etc.

More Shockey rumblings - NJ.com: Ledger on the Giants

"On another front, I asked around to find out what the Raiders' cap figure is right now. Remember, when the D-Hall trade went down, I guessed the team might have a problem finding some money for CB Nnamdi Asomugha, whom the Giants like very much. Well, I got it for you. As of today, Oakland has roughly a whopping...

...half a mil under the cap.

Now, that figure is the top 51 on their current roster and they'll be able to shave some of that (perhaps by cutting RB LaMont Jordan), but it doesn't include the money they'll have to pay their rookies (Darren McFadden maybe?). Plus, you need more than $500k to operate during the season."

They must have something up their sleeve I mean no one in their right mind would put their franchise in that kind of constraints without some other moves on the horizon right :idunno: ............

it is Al Davis..

They must have something up their sleeve I mean no one in their right mind would put their franchise in that kind of constraints without some other moves on the horizon right :idunno: ............

its called Operation Force Lane Kiffin to Resign.. that or Al Davis is losing more than his eye sight with his age

I'm guess that was the biggest hold-up on signing DHall--Da Raiders wanted dat 1/2 mil wiggle room, and DHall wanted it, too. ;)

I wonder how much cap space they save if they get NA to sign long-term, instead of being on the hook for the franchise-tag fee?

They've only got about half their draft picks left, but that #4 pick is still gonna be a cap hit.

They got a couple of places they can make cuts, but trading NA (wishful thinking) would clear up about $8-10 mil real fast?

I'm guess that was the biggest hold-up on signing DHall--Da Raiders wanted dat 1/2 mil wiggle room, and DHall wanted it, too. ;)

I wonder how much cap space they save if they get NA to sign long-term, instead of being on the hook for the franchise-tag fee?

They've only got about half their draft picks left, but that #4 pick is still gonna be a cap hit.

They got a couple of places they can make cuts, but trading NA (wishful thinking) would clear up about $8-10 mil real fast?

I think if they sign him long term he could drop to only about 3 million on the cap this year...... Well at least that is around what D. Hall cost. That would be crazy though to have that much tied up in two corners some where else on the team will be lacking to make up for it.

Fantasy World: We give Oakland nextyears 1st, this years 1st,2nd,4th round pick for Asomugha and their 1st round pick.

I say we give the Raiders some money and a pick for Aso

I'd ruin a good pair of boxers if the Raiders made that deal with us.

you're not the only one, that means top corner.. + one of the 2 top DT's..
even though it's a ton of draft picks. that would be HUGE to our team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom