Dad Appreciation (1 Viewer)

Talked to my Dad earlier, he's having a fun pool day with my Mom (it's her bday today as well), and my sister who flew in with their 9yr old granddaughter from Oakland this weekend.

My parents leave for Europe tomorrow with their granddaughter for a 3-week trip.

My Dad is living the best retired life and he's earned it after putting in over 40 years of hard work at Ochsner as a physician.

64914147_10102076507134879_6132447677817815040_n.jpg

For my dad.

I've mentioned he wasn't a music lover, but he would put up with me playing music in his truck.

His favorite.

thanks for doing this -- i'd thought about including the following song as a very good encapsulation of dad, but had forgotten until your post
if anything, my dad gave me an appreciation of singer/songwriters

thanks for doing this -- i'd thought about including the following song as a very good encapsulation of dad, but had forgotten until your post
if anything, my dad gave me an appreciation of singer/songwriters

I think my dad liked Copperhead Road because he was a Vet and a country boy.

It was the only one that he would say "play that again".

My dad liked Dionne Warwick and Whitney Houston's version of The Star Spangled Banner. I'm not putting in a link to either.

I don’t have my dad anymore, but Saturday I got to attend my daughters college graduation with a research and honors endorsement. Sunday I went to the Air space museum with my son who will graduate with his degree in aeronautical engineering who is doing his internship and has a job on graduation with his intern company.

I felt pretty darn good about it in all honesty.

My dad was a WWII vet, regularly shot in his age in golf in his late 70's and 80's, worked for Chrysler and Martin as a project engineer (including moon launches) and showed 2 generations of kids and grand kids how to fish and a real appreciation for the outdoors, he passed away in 2014, I miss him every day....

I don’t have my dad anymore, but Saturday I got to attend my daughters college graduation with a research and honors endorsement. Sunday I went to the Air space museum with my son who will graduate with his degree in aeronautical engineering who is doing his internship and has a job on graduation with his intern company.

Pat yourself on the back! ?

You done good, dad! ?

#PoliteStunt

props pops

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom