Dad charged with murder after killed drunk driver that had just killed his sons. (1 Viewer)

Manslaughter at best. No way a jury convicts him of murder. He didn't intentionally set out to shoot the driver nor was he acting in a way to bring undue risk to the driver. He reacted out of emotion to an action by the driver that caused traumatic emotional and physical stress.

I got no problem with it, I'm not in his shoes. He'll answer for his actions and I would suspect he is ok with that. I'd like to say I'd do things differently, but in that situation, if I had the means, I don't know that I would.

Not that he cares whats happens to him. The worst possible outcome already happened.

Horrible situation. I can't blame the guy one bit even if he is in the wrong.

I'm not saying I agree with the man's actions, but I understand.

I don't think anyone's suggesting the guys actions aren't understandable (though I disagree with the likely false bravado of "if it were me I'd have done the same thing", odds are no you wouldn't have, so stop, but I digress).

But understandable isnt the same thing as right. Of course, when people actually consider it, I don't think anyone really thinks it was "right" either. Acting like it was is just part of this macho mystique guys like to build up in their own heads where they go Buford Pusser on a world gone wrong.

Manslaughter at best. No way a jury convicts him of murder. He didn't intentionally set out to shoot the driver nor was he acting in a way to bring undue risk to the driver. He reacted out of emotion to an action by the driver that caused traumatic emotional and physical stress.

I got no problem with it, I'm not in his shoes. He'll answer for his actions and I would suspect he is ok with that. I'd like to say I'd do things differently, but in that situation, if I had the means, I don't know that I would.

Murder in the second guy walked to his house to get the gun and then came back.

A little of both honestly.

In this particular case, yes, I agree. (assuming all statements are correct) I feel like the drunk driver got what he deserved. It's not like the drinking age is new or "don't drink and drive" is new. He knew what he was doing and in doing so, killed 2 kids who didn't have a chance. Screw him.

In general, no. People can't be left with no laws. Anarchy is impossible to live with, but I do not like people who thumb their nose at the law, as if they are above it.

so with that statement, now how do you feel about the shooter?

Good luck with that trial.
All he needs is one juror to say that SOB deserved it.

Your son can make a dumb mistake and get drunk behind a wheel and end up killing someone. A vast majority of people have made that some dumb mistake and have been lucky enough to get home without encountering incident or diaster. Still they cringe at their stupidity when the look back and literally still breath sighs of relief years afterwards.

If someone honestly has not made that mistake, I'm sure they know someone that has and would agree that they don't consider themselves or the people they know as evil.

I hope most of agree that if one of our sons commits a mistake, we shouldn't have to worry about some vigilante hunting them down.

Yes. The driver was most likely drunk - but it was also a dark rural road. Given the right set of circumstances, anyone can plow into a vehicle in front of them - you don't have to be drunk.

The father wasn't very road hazard savy - if he decideed to have his young sons pushing his truck on a dark road. 80 year old grandma could have just as well plowed into the back of his truck. Was he going to shoot her in the head too?

Most of y'all know me as a Lilly-livered bleeding heart - but I honestly have no idea how I would respond
I wouldn't go back to my house to get a gun since I - thankfully - dont have one, but I could easily see myself turning murderous in a moment of horror like this

Then in prison I would read the posts from my EE/PDB "adversaries" about throwing me a parade

Walking back to his house, getting his gun, then walking back and shooting him shows willful intent. If the facts are what they say in this, it would be a hard one to not prove murder.

He had a concussion and was not of the right frame of mind due to his two boys being killed. 8 year old daughter and 3 month old injured in the truck. Easy enough case to say not guilty because of the above. He did the humane thing by shooting him in the head. could have slit his throat with broken glass or collapsed his wind pipe w his foot

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Walking back to his house, getting his gun, then walking back and shooting him shows willful intent. If the facts are what they say in this, it would be a hard one to not prove murder.

Exactly! While I agree with the amount of emotional distress he's enduring, it would have to be at the time it happened or maybe when he encounters face to face. The fact that he went back to get his gun would be considered murder. Now will the jury side with him? Or the the deceased? That's the question. His actions to take away something that took a part of him is understandable considering the circumstances but it should've been done at a moments notice. He had it planned at the opportunity to kill him. If he's convicted, I'd think it'd have something by means of temporary insanity. There's quite a few cases of this sort lying around where the said murderer was acquitted because of it.

Most of y'all know me as a Lilly-livered bleeding heart - but I honestly have no idea how I would respond
I wouldn't go back to my house to get a gun since I - thankfully - dont have one, but I could easily see myself turning murderous in a moment of horror like this

Then in prison I would read the posts from my EE/PDB "adversaries" about throwing me a parade

We'd cancel when we learned it was you.

Jk :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom