Dads: Good ways to entertain kids while Mom is on vacation?? (1 Viewer)

Find an ice rink, or roller rink. You could attend to your daughter, helping her learn, while your son is busy getting exercise, or chatting up the local talent...

If you don't skate, it could be entertaining for everyone.

especially your orthopaedic surgeon, or chiropractor

:ezbill:

So I've got my 13yo boy and 4yo daughter all to myself this week, as Mom's on a vacation cruise with her sister and Mom.

During the weeknights, instead of watching TV, or opting for earlier beddtimes for them due to lack of creativity, what are some good ideas to do with them to have fun at the house on weeknights after dinner? I'd like to maximize the "value" of their alone time with Dad while mom's gone.

Any opinions? I'd like to stay at the house, and not really spend any money or take them anywhere. Just spend fun time with them.
Easy. Rent DVD's for the 4 y/o, give the 13 y/o $50 to baby sit and order pizza before you head out!

You could bake something together, my daughter loves making cookies.

That's a good one, and it doesn't have to wait until after dinner.

Also, making piñatas is a fun thing to do with kids. It's easy and cheap. The basics include a balloon, some newspaper, glue, water and colored crepe paper - and cardboard if you want to get fancy. :mwink:

The kids get to be creative and messy. They can make piñatas for themselves, give them away to friends, or as a surprise for mom.

That's a good one, and it doesn't have to wait until after dinner.

Also, making piñatas is a fun thing to do with kids. It's easy and cheap. The basics include a balloon, some newspaper, glue, water and colored crepe paper - and cardboard if you want to get fancy. :mwink:

The kids get to be creative and messy. They can make piñatas for themselves, give them away to friends, or as a surprise for mom.

No surprises for mom. She got to go on a cruise, what else does she need?:ezbill:

peanut butter and a dog

AHHHHH! That one's funny as ****.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/roABFMmp9CE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/roABFMmp9CE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

My kids love to "Camp Out" in the living room. The youngest gets the floor, son gets the chair and dad gets the couch. A couple of movies that both would like (Spongebob) and you are set. They love it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom