Daily Trump Tracker (7 Viewers)

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/jan/20/donald-trump-first-100-days-president-daily-updates

36 days left until Trump has been in office for the traditional 100 day benchmark for first term Presidents. Barring some miracle only William Henry Harrison will beat him out for the worst and most humiliating and ineffective 100 days in office.

He is averaging almost one tweet for every two hours (not just waking hours, but all hours), 681 in 64 days. I think the Guardian number is a bit low because a handful of the tweets on the POTUS account seem to be direct original content Trump tweets. Thankfully, though, in the stat of nuclear strikes ordered he remains at 0. That deserves our sincere thanks.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Are we going to have a separate SOTU thread for the speech tonight or are we going to just include it in here?

I've been watching Fox News for the past few hours to see the disparity of their content vs. what I saw/heard (I'm mostly listening to the tv in the background since I'm working at the same time) on CNN earlier and boy is it something else. They just interviewed some female senator (R) and she actually said that Donald Trump has done more than any president in recent history to create a bipartisan environment to get things done but Nancy Pelosi and the radical left refuse to negotiate with him out of pure spite, not because they don't agree with his demands.
chairperson of the RNC was on NPR yesterday trotting out the same manure about bi-partisanship
sounds like he's going to toss some DACA-like fake enticements out there

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How would one choose the proper moment to hurl that invective?

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
President Trump's gaffe touts 'abolition of civil rights' at National Prayer Breakfast

And, before we allow that he misspoke, or chalk it up to any form of an honest mistake, let's consider his statement to reporters before the state of the union address, when discussing potential opponents in 2020:

“I hope it’s Biden,” Mr. Trump said. “Biden was never very smart. He was a terrible student. His gaffes are unbelievable. When I say something that you might think is a gaffe, it’s on purpose; it’s not a gaffe. When Biden says something dumb, it’s because he’s dumb.”

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
President Trump's gaffe touts 'abolition of civil rights' at National Prayer Breakfast

And, before we allow that he misspoke, or chalk it up to any form of an honest mistake, let's consider his statement to reporters before the state of the union address, when discussing potential opponents in 2020:

“I hope it’s Biden,” Mr. Trump said. “Biden was never very smart. He was a terrible student. His gaffes are unbelievable. When I say something that you might think is a gaffe, it’s on purpose; it’s not a gaffe. When Biden says something dumb, it’s because he’s dumb.”
I was thinking about this, & how crude Trump’s remarks are, especially how he ripped John McCain apart again, along with Biden.

However, during the debates & election process he said incredibly ugly things about the other candidates, & yet it seemed to be effective, because he got elected.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about this, & how crude Trump’s remarks are, especially how he ripped John McCain apart again, along with Biden.

However, during the debates & election process he said incredibly ugly things about the other candidates, & yet it seemed to be effective, because he got elected.
I think that really, most people don't like it. I don't think it helped him win - only that subset of 'lock her up!' people find it appealing and they didn't win the election for him.

I also think that many people thought he would be more 'presidential' in office, which was clearly delusional, but real. My dad is one of them. I think for some of the crowd that actually does sway the election, it's not something that helps him.

I already have my 2020 slogan for my dad and other people I know that voted for him: "He fooled you once, shame on him. He fools you again, shame on you."

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think that really, most people don't like it. I don't think it helped him win - only that subset of 'lock her up!' people find it appealing and they didn't win the election for him.

I also think that many people thought he would be more 'presidential' in office, which was clearly delusional, but real. My dad is one of them. I think for some of the crowd that actually does sway the election, it's not something that helps him.

I already have my 2020 slogan for my dad and other people I know that voted for him: "He fooled you once, shame on him. He fools you again, shame on you."
"Son, don't come over for Thanksgiving. "

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score

My dad loved Reagan & most all Rebubs. In fact, a good chunk of our inheritance went to various Rebubs, which was fine. It made him happy & it kept him busy writing his letters to various people on Capital Hill. (I later found out from someone who worked on the Hill, that “they rarely read those letters.” ) LOL Of course I never told my dad that.

God rest his soul, I am grateful that my dad did not have to live through Trump. I kinda would like to know what my dad would have thought of such a crude man, who is so far below the dignity of the Office of the President.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But, but...he was going to be the best president and greatest friend to the LGBTQ community. (Yeah, it was garbage then and so this kind of stuff is unsurprising now.)

His collective pandering to the religious right is disgusting, but also not at all surprising.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)

Headlines

Top Bottom