Dak turns down offer from Cowboys, (reportedly) wants 40m a year (1 Viewer)

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's not a $40 million a year QB.

Dak didn't even perform until they got Cooper added to the fold and the Dallas offense struggled mightily until Coopers arrival...Dak would have to put together a deep playoff season for the Cowboys to be comfortable enough to pay that.

DCSaints_Fan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I like Dak but I think his ceiling is probably Joe Flacco, no way he is worth $30m/yr

Edit: I meant he's not worth $40m/yr, but that turned out to be inaccurate apparently.

Prbably he is worth about $30m/yr but not a whole lot more

Last edited:

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Cowboys offered 30 mil per year, which is way too high, and he turned it down.....but 40 mil??? Outrageous.
I think $30M is about right - the top 6 are now at $30M or more per and the numbers always go up each year. Cousins and Garoppolo are at $28M and $27.5M per respectively and it's not like those guys are so much better than Dak. Dak wins 2/3 of his starts, his career rating is 96. He doesn't throw many picks and he adds a rushing element (avg. 6 rushing TDs per year) to go with it.

Seems like $30M is the right number. $40M is loony but I think that report is going to end up being false or substantially misleading.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom